clear sticky envelopes available free from Aust Post

I know this has been asked and answered before, but has any seller recently been able to get the free sticky pockets from Aust Post?

I put a query into Aust Post Business and received a reply that they don't supply them - even tho it is clearly marked out on their website.    I would like to answer them saying this is an incorrect reply.Smiley Mad

https://auspost.com.au/business/shipping/print-shipping-labels

Our post office says they keep ordering them, but not getting any.

sticky envelopes.JPG

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: clear sticky envelopes available free from Aust Post

If their website says they are available, point AP to that. That would carry a lot more weight than anecdotal evidence from eBay members

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Believe me - I have done that - they just ignored it  

@davewil1964 wrote:

If their website says they are available

as have you dave Smiley Happy  I showed the aust post link and quote and screen shot iny post

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

try another post office.  perhaps a more "main" one.  I have a post office in my area (thankfully one of a few) and the owner is an a#%  He doesn't even let you buy stamps if he doesn't think he'll make a profit....sounds ridiculous but its true

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

@onekiwi0 wrote:

try another post office.  perhaps a more "main" one.  I have a post office in my area (thankfully one of a few) and the owner is an a#%  He doesn't even let you buy stamps if he doesn't think he'll make a profit....sounds ridiculous but its true

I second that; head straight for your nearest AP Shop or BC.

If you are dealing with an LPO you won't get much help at all.

An actual postmaster is who you need to talk to.

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

Additional to last -

After scanning the link you gave I cannot find any mention of "free label pockets" or anything similar.

The only mention of pockets I could find concern the plastic pockets on the flat rate satchels.

Are you sure about this?

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

@dazzledayz wrote:

Additional to last -

After scanning the link you gave I cannot find any mention of "free label pockets" or anything similar.

The only mention of pockets I could find concern the plastic pockets on the flat rate satchels.

Are you sure about this?

Absolutely - in fact it says it a couple of times:   You can get these clear plastic envelopes for free at your local Post Office.

The grey writing on my original post is a screen shot from Aust Post site.

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

Apologies, I see what you saw under international post (packing lists).

Have a chat with your postmaster.

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

@dazzledayz wrote:

@onekiwi0 wrote:

I second that; head straight for your nearest AP Shop or BC.

If you are dealing with an LPO you won't get much help at all.

An actual postmaster is who you need to talk to.

Unfortunately I live in a rural area and we only have one post office - and they have been very helpful in so far as trying to order them in and being unable to get them.  

So frustrating - part of my original text to Aust Post site stated that Gympie Post Office have been unable to get them in

and their reply was in the terms of "we rang Gympie PO for you and they confirmed they do not have them in stock".

It's replies like that that drive me mad!    Can't they read?

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

I spent a couple of weeks earlier ths year going back and forth with AP customer service trying to explain how their website says we can get them for free from the local post office as I am a MyPost Business customer.

They told me to ask my local post office for them, so I did.  I got told they don't give them out for free.  I asked another staff member the following week and they went to look for them but said they had none, and the first staff member overheard it and interjected to tell us they don't give them out free anyway.

I went back to customer service and they told me I had to go to an AP Business Centre, so I drove out to one especially to get these and got said it's only supplied to contracted clients or somerhing, so I left empty-handed, even after pointing out that customer service told me I could get them from here and it says they are free in the MyPost Business website.

I went back to customer service again and they tried to say that I've become confused about MyPost Business vs. some other business service.  After sending them screenshots of their MyPost Business website they fully apologised to me and said they will remove that text from the website, but that was months ago and it's still there.  I see it every time I complete my payment and it's just insulting and annoying because I simply believe nothing was done about it.

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply