didnt list anything this weekend as no $1 weekends

raron2
Community Member

didnt list anything this weekend as no $1 weekends

fees too high for me otherwise as a small time seller

the fee on postage is particurally annoying, I have no choice but to pass this on to buyers

which I am sure turns some byers off, less sales for ebay as well as me

havent been getting the monthly no final value fee or listing fee either

which was fine until $1 weekends stopped

feels like small time sellers arent important to ebay

Message 1 of 86
Latest reply
85 REPLIES 85

Re: didnt list anything this weekend as no $1 weekends

@raron2 wrote:

a small time seller is someone who sells 6 items for the week last as I did

ironically this week is going great, as I am sure you will check

all this store talk is new to me I dont know much about it

came to this board for help, and constructive comments, not put downs

I am sure I have generated lots of money for ebay over the years with all my purchasing

and used paypal when it was theirs

Complaining because ebay no longer give you a free ride is unlikely to be interpreted as asking for help, and that's all you did in your opening post.. 

Generating lots of money for ebay in the past doesn't entitle you to anything now.  Running costs are ongoing and everyone who uses the site should have to contribute.  Sellers with a low sell-through rate are actually more of a burden on the site when it comes to running costs so why small sellers should pay less than their fair share is beyond me.  If you were running a business would you give preference to the buyer who takes up an hour of your time and only spends $5, or the buyer who takes a few minutes of your time and spends $100?

Message 21 of 86
Latest reply

Because it is often us small sellers listing the desirable high end items and brands that drag people to ebay via google searches! Most of the bulk sellers do not have the really high end stuff buyers came to ebay for in the first place. If they provide us with free listings it is a win win for them with unpaid advertising essentially. I have hundreds of items up and consider myself a small seller. I do not want a shop and am absolutely sick of ebay essentially black mailing us weekend sellers into one. I have a daughter with a disability currently will have 6 + operations in one year, 3 kids, full time work and part time uni study - I do not want to pay a monthly subscription fee when there are just months that I would not even be able to use it effectively. Given the many free platforms sellers now have I don't understand the "inevitable" and accepting attitude so many of you have to insertion fees. Take our FV - that is a win win and happy to pay but I refuse to pay an insertion fee for something I may or may not even sell. 

Message 22 of 86
Latest reply

Not worth a store. Ebay is essentially trying to back small sellers into a corner again to take on stores. I think many of your 'repliers' may be sitting with an ebay hat on their head right now. They have used a 4 prong appoach to herd us into a corner - removing turbo lister so you have no third party storage, changing the 'good til cancelled' rules twice with no offical email (now rolls over on the calender month so make sure you check this and understand it or you will pay for every item to be listed again!!!) and now removing the weekend listings offer. You are worth more to them as a regular payment per month rather than your FV fees atm. They do not consider that us small sellers often list up desirable and high end brands that otherwise would not be available on ebay or bring them scrolling traffic via google searches. So frustrating and you would think they would give us some kudos for that with free weekend insertion fees. I wouldn't even mind if they removed the $1 ending back to the standard FV fees just don't make us pay to insert something we may or may not sell. I have spent this week upping the anti on my non ebay selling platforms so I am prepared to wait it out for free insertion fees again. Consider this option as your sales do not warrant a shop ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 23 of 86
Latest reply

Did you read her sales before posting this. A shop subscription would suck anything she made. Why should she put in the effort to list with nearly no return and it all go into ebays pocket - where is the win win in that ๐Ÿ˜ž

Message 24 of 86
Latest reply

@mjm7774 wrote:

Take our FV - that is a win win and happy to pay but I refuse to pay an insertion fee for something I may or may not even sell. 

I would tend to think that eBay is going to want to start charging you listing fees over the 40 free listings that are available to you.

That might come as a nasty shock for you when your next bill arrives.

This statement in your 2nd post :-

"so I am prepared to wait it out for free insertion fees again"

You may be waiting for a very long time for that to happen unfortunately.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 25 of 86
Latest reply

If you're listing stuff that's not selling, maybe you need to reconsider what you are listing. EBay doesn't want all the dead wood that is being constantly relisted, that's why they have these promos and then pull them. They want people to take down what isn't selling, and keep what is. That said, I have had quite a few things sell that have been relisted for 3 years. Every now and then a buyer comes along and find that's exactly what they were looking for and buy the lot. EBay doesn't see it that way though.

Message 26 of 86
Latest reply

@mjm7774 wrote:

Not worth a store. Ebay is essentially trying to back small sellers into a corner again to take on stores. I think many of your 'repliers' may be sitting with an ebay hat on their head right now. They have used a 4 prong appoach to herd us into a corner - removing turbo lister so you have no third party storage, changing the 'good til cancelled' rules twice with no offical email (now rolls over on the calender month so make sure you check this and understand it or you will pay for every item to be listed again!!!) and now removing the weekend listings offer. You are worth more to them as a regular payment per month rather than your FV fees atm. They do not consider that us small sellers often list up desirable and high end brands that otherwise would not be available on ebay or bring them scrolling traffic via google searches. So frustrating and you would think they would give us some kudos for that with free weekend insertion fees. I wouldn't even mind if they removed the $1 ending back to the standard FV fees just don't make us pay to insert something we may or may not sell. I have spent this week upping the anti on my non ebay selling platforms so I am prepared to wait it out for free insertion fees again. Consider this option as your sales do not warrant a shop ๐Ÿ™‚

I have no idea what you mean by that statement, but wish to reassure you that I look dreadful in hats, so I don't wear them. I might put a beanie on if it's snowing, but regular hats, not for me I'm afraid.

Message 27 of 86
Latest reply

@mjm7774 wrote:

Because it is often us small sellers listing the desirable high end items and brands that drag people to ebay via google searches! Most of the bulk sellers do not have the really high end stuff buyers came to ebay for in the first place. If they provide us with free listings it is a win win for them with unpaid advertising essentially. I have hundreds of items up and consider myself a small seller. I do not want a shop and am absolutely sick of ebay essentially black mailing us weekend sellers into one. I have a daughter with a disability currently will have 6 + operations in one year, 3 kids, full time work and part time uni study - I do not want to pay a monthly subscription fee when there are just months that I would not even be able to use it effectively. Given the many free platforms sellers now have I don't understand the "inevitable" and accepting attitude so many of you have to insertion fees. Take our FV - that is a win win and happy to pay but I refuse to pay an insertion fee for something I may or may not even sell. 

eBay don't care if you're allegedly a weekend seller.

Playing the disability card won't get you much sympathy here. There are members with disabilities here, they just don't think it relevant to eBay. Nor do eBay; they are not a disability support service. That's what the NDIS is for.

Message 28 of 86
Latest reply

I'm a bloke, but I can't see how used clothing counts as high-end or desirable to the extent of dragging traffic into eBay.

At $50 a pop, on average, $27.45 per month equals half a sale. At probably a lower FVF. Given you sell, on average, 15 a month, that would seem to be a no-brainer. Unless you think ending your 430 listings will make eBay change their mind.

Hint: It won't.

Message 29 of 86
Latest reply

mjm7774

Just had a look, can't see any high end stuff in your store! Nada, zero, nothing - just less than desirable stuff is all that's listed at the moment.

And I agree with you - I would also refuse to pay listing fees for that - not listing them at all would be much better for all around.

Problem solved.

Message 30 of 86
Latest reply