dismal sales again

Ebay used to be pretty good for a couple of years then I had a bad few months last year, then sales and views picked up.I have spent hundreds of dollars on lovely new stock, my prices are very fair. but lately sales have suddenly dropped off again .I was trading at about 60% of this time last year, but now about 30% anyone else feeling left out ?

Message 1 of 82
Latest reply
81 REPLIES 81

dismal sales again

Most of your items are Summery type things, so may just be the wrong time of year for people to be buying. Others here have noticed a down turn in sales, through various different categories. Others, like myself, are plodding along OK. If you've got any Winter stock, try listing some of that and see if things improve. Good luck!

Message 2 of 82
Latest reply

dismal sales again

sydneybristowwine
Community Member

You are definitely not the only one. It takes months for my items to be sold

Spoiler
 Smiley Sad

@trustykeiley23 wrote:

Ebay used to be pretty good for a couple of years then I had a bad few months last year, then sales and views picked up.I have spent hundreds of dollars on lovely new stock, my prices are very fair. but lately sales have suddenly dropped off again .I was trading at about 60% of this time last year, but now about 30% anyone else feeling left out ?

Message 3 of 82
Latest reply

dismal sales again

It is even harder than it was part of last year, then a pick up, now way down again, i have lots of new stock lots of items listed great feedback but hardly any sales ?

Message 4 of 82
Latest reply

dismal sales again

looking at your items i see womens warmer weather clothing.

do you not notice big stores who sell summer wear at this time of year are dropping the prices to sometimes super low prices to clear summer stock to make room for winter wear.?

thats what your up against in the clothing trade.

buyers can buy end of season summer clothes cheap now and have the ability to try it on before buying and return it if they change their minds.

if even the big stores cant shift stock what hope do you have?

Message 5 of 82
Latest reply

dismal sales again

thanks there are not many items up for sale, I have closed my store, a friend will try listing some of my new stock to see if that makes a difference.I used to have more that 250 items listed

Message 6 of 82
Latest reply

dismal sales again

ladies going on holiday often can't get swimmers in their town at this time of year, I used to do well thanks David
Message 7 of 82
Latest reply

dismal sales again

Ebay recommended I auction a lovely warm night gown starting at .$10.00 including postage  ,yes ,it sold for that I was out of pocket $8.00 postage, + a $39 night dress which was sent beautifully wrapped in white tissue paper

,the lady did not even have the grace to give feedback

Message 8 of 82
Latest reply

dismal sales again

Why would you follow an Ebay recommendation, especially starting the bidding at a lower price than you would otherwise accept?

We often see people complaining because they listed something at 99c (or some other crazy low price) and that's what it sold for.

Personally I list everything as BIN at a price I am happy with and in general I have good sales which tick over fairly consistently.

These days auctions do not necessarily do well in many categories. A seller is often better off with BIN listings.

So your buyer didn't leave feedback - it's not compulsory.

I have had over 1000+ transactions, but have 740 feedback.

Message 9 of 82
Latest reply

dismal sales again

please do not take ebay recomendations as the correct selling price.

if i did that 90% of my items would be listed at 99cents.

if you can't sell your items at say cost + 10% + postage then you need to stop selling.

your losing time and money.

set your base price where you make a profit unless you just want rid of your stuff and are willing to pay someone to buy it.

Message 10 of 82
Latest reply