dismal sales again

Ebay used to be pretty good for a couple of years then I had a bad few months last year, then sales and views picked up.I have spent hundreds of dollars on lovely new stock, my prices are very fair. but lately sales have suddenly dropped off again .I was trading at about 60% of this time last year, but now about 30% anyone else feeling left out ?

Message 1 of 82
Latest reply
81 REPLIES 81

dismal sales again

My sales down about 50% for the month and i do notice very spasmodic sales this year,maybe i just blame to pollys as they seem to be scaring off buyers with the budget nonsense AGAIN

Message 21 of 82
Latest reply

dismal sales again

Mine are around average. A bit up year-on-year, but overall I'll end up with the same by 30 June as I usually do.

Message 22 of 82
Latest reply

dismal sales again

we're down 30% here after running solid until the election was called.

Not sure why, but people just don't spend as much when those elections are called.

Problem is this election is so drawn out.

Message 23 of 82
Latest reply

dismal sales again

Who elected Malcolm Turnbull Anyway ? 

Message 24 of 82
Latest reply

dismal sales again

He elected himself didn't he?

Message 25 of 82
Latest reply

dismal sales again

@base787 wrote:

Who elected Malcolm Turnbull Anyway ? 

The party with the majority of seats in the House of Representatives, same as always.

We are NOT a republic and do not elect our leaders.

Message 26 of 82
Latest reply

dismal sales again

I don't think it matters what we vote anymore i think they decide them selves ....

Message 27 of 82
Latest reply

dismal sales again

I usually sell 10 - 12 item over the weekend.

1 sale only last Friday $7.00 ...nothing since!

THink it is everyone, very dissappointing time!

Message 28 of 82
Latest reply

dismal sales again

I've had a HUGE month. I think running the 1 day auctions with the unlimited promotion paid off. I have been run off my feet. I'm expecting things to slow up a bit now that I'm sending them all back to normal duration before 31/5. I don't mind, it will be good to have a breather for a little while.

Just so others know, running 1 day auctions with the big promotions wouldn't be suitable for a lot of categories, but for mine (collectables), it worked really well. This is the 3rd time I've done it and it went well each time. I think most buyers in my category search using ending soonest or newly listed, which is why I think it went so well for me.

Edit: I wasn't rubbing anyone's nose in it about the good month or the unlimited promotion. I hope no-one takes offence to my post. I know how unfair the promotions can be when some get them and others don't. Next time it will be you that gets it and I'll miss out.

Message 29 of 82
Latest reply

dismal sales again

Happy for you Tippy no offence taken.Certainly hope I get the next promotion.Have a great day.

Message 30 of 82
Latest reply