scammers that ebay doesn't care about

I am new at ebay so I understand that theives and scammer scum would be a strong force but why does ebay let it continue. I have listed two items for Australia only. I get back scam email to send package to Africia with the billing address in USA. SEND  IT BEFORE YOU GET PAID. I emailed these to spoof@ebay to be told they are fake. SO I lost my listings they were removed now i cannot relist them or I will be charged or open another account.

Scammers walk FREE

Sellers are ebayed

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

You're a new seller with low feedback selling high end items. You are a target for scammers. Your listings were probably removed due to not being allowed to sell that brand on eBay. The high end brands regularly check eBay and demand listings of their brand to be removed.

Even though you are selling second hand, which you should be able to do, and plenty do, high end brands are considered to be fakes thanks to the chinese pumping out mass produced rubbish. If the rights owner sees them, eBay is legally obliged to remove those listings.

Now, in regards to overseas buyers. You need to set up blocks so they can't buy from you. Just not offering international postage isn't enough. Click up the top left where it says "g'day your name" then click account settings. Next screen click site preferences from the menu on the left.

Scroll to postage preferences and click  show on the right. Look for "exclude postage locations from your listings" and to the right of that click edit. Tick all the boxes except the PO box on the next screen, then tick to apply to all current live listings and apply. 

Hit the back button to go back to site preferences. Scroll down to buyer requirements and on the right click show, then edit. On the next screen:

Buyers with unpaid item strikes, set at 2 in 12 months.

Buyers in a location I don't post to, tick.

Buyers with policy violations, set to 4 in 6 months.

Buters who haven't gone through phone verification, tick. 

Apply above settings to active and future listings, tick.

Don't allow blocked buyers to contact me, tick.

Submit. 

Hopefully that stops the Nigerian scammers.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

you should be aware of internet crime being rampant, not just on ebay but everywhere.

for all we know you may be a scammer selling fake bags.

who knows besides you?

everytime a scammer is stopped 2 or 3 pop up in their place.

if your going to try to sell 'name brand' bags best you do some homework into can you legally do it and what proof on authenticity you require.

i could easly list genuine hand signed photos of elvis with the ink still wet, but everyone (well anyone with a working brain) would think this guys selling fakes but someone might think they are real and buy thinking they are getting a bargain. ebay would remove my listing.

just because you say a bag is genuine doesnt make it genuine. thats why ebay once allerted removes listings of genuine bags.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply