eBay Australia Post labels printing too small

I can't be the only one experiencing this but I didn't get any luck in a search.

I don't sell that much but when I do I generally just buy and print a postage label through eBay. No matter what browser I use, the label appears in the top left quarter of an A4 PDF, making it smaller than A6 including margins.  The text is so small it is barely readable. I cannot resize it in any way during printing, it seems to be locked to that size.

I actually have to save the PDF then enlarge it in photoshop to get it to print out closer to A5 in size. I've tried different browsers and different printers. What am I doing wrong?!

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

I cannot say I know the answer. Certainly, all my labels print in the left corner too. The only thing I can think is that your printer settings have your printing at less than 100% scale? I know in my settings if I change the scale setting to say 80% to print on the page, it stays at that until I put it back to 100%. Sorry, I know my wording is not exactly correct, but it is the best I can explain it. I hope it resolves because I know it can be frustrating when things are not working as they should and it takes more time than it should to find a workaround. 

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

Mine also just says 'scale' and a % under 'more settings' too

Unless changing the zoom % on the actual page prior to hitting print would work? 

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

Hi there,  Had a similar issue recently but only with an express label, kept printing about the size of a matchbox.  Anyway as a work around, I finished up using  (Print Using System Dialog...) on  ordinary paper

via lazer printer.  Could not get it to work on label printer for some reason,  was going to chase it up with AP but never got around to it.

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

Change the scale size to around 140%. Worked for me.

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

Thanks for the replies. Just to clarify, changing the scale does not work, on Firefox, Chrome or Edge the result is the same - I can change the number (eg to 140%) but the preview and the printout do not change, as though the PDF is somehow locked to print at that size.

Even if I use the 'print using the system dialog' option, then go through all the hoops to change the scaling there, I just end up with a blank page. None of this happens with other PDFs.

Just to confirm, without using photoshop I can only ever get a printed image that's 12cm x 8.5cm. Is this what everyone else gets? It just seems far too small to use on a parcel, and I don't think I've ever received anything with an AP label that size, usually they are much closer to A5 (21cm x 15cm).

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

My main label printer, uses labels 15cm x 10cm, so allowing for borders and print to fit,  12 x 8.5 sounds about right.

Also I generate labels via mypost business, so have preferences set there.

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

Sounds about the same size as mine. I don't have a label printer, but I can get 4 labels on one A4 sheet so 12 x 8.5 is about the same for me. 

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

By default AP MyPost Business labels are 4 to an A4 sheet. That's what I use and I haven't had any complaints from AP about them being too small.

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

Hello, are you after 4 by 6 printing? If so, when you are on the postage screen, click Show more under Order Details on the right hand side. There is a print format option which allows you to pick PDF/PNG and set the label size.

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply