eBay-PayPal-pick up items

le73
Community Member

Hi All, this is my first complete rip off on eBay... just letting you know what happened so it doesn't happen to you too, be aware eBay do not have your back, I sold an item, payment went through on PayPal, the buyer contacted me via eBay to organise pick up, item was collected, then the eBay user claimed she had been hacked.... and PayPal took the money back off me beacuase of no tracking

order number... I provided contact numbers, details, times but regardless I can not even open a dispute because according to eBay and PayPal the buyer paid for the item... PayPal do not report back to eBay regarding supposed fraudulent use of accounts... the best I can do is provide **bleep**py feedback.... so now I have a sad ten year old who sold her first guitar... and now has no guitar and no money to buy the next size up

please if its local pick up choose COD only.... I'm sure most of you already know this, but for those who don't, please learn my lesson.

Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: eBay-PayPal-pick up items

@eezipeezi888 wrote:

The problem is tazz that I don't really know why I got suspended,ebay never explained to me why just that I was.

I never got the chance to see where or if any defects were handed out to me or why they were,just got a message saying you are no longer able to sell on ebay because I made the buyers experience on ebay a unsafe one.

Explain all that to Michelle and she may have a better chance of getting answers.

Every time I tried all I got was you may as well stop trying as ebay will never reinstate you.

Really I get ripped off and I'm the one that has made it unsafe sheesh.

Tazz I don't have anything in the way in which I got suspended,just my complaining about it as I was sailing along one day and then all of a sudden I'm gone.

Then include anything you can think of and in the order that it happened and she has a far better chance of

getting some answers.

I never recieved any communication from any buyers with any complaints,feedback was 100% seller standards were excellent,so it all came out of no where.

I'm stumped as to why and ebay wouldn't and won't give me a clear answer.

Then she may be able to address those issues for you as there has to be some explanation.

Maybe one  of the scamming buyers put in a false claim and eBay believes them over you,(as that's happened

before on the boards it could explain things).

At least give her the chance to find an answer as to why,good.gif

Message 21 of 27
Latest reply

I've given Michelle all info that I can remember.

And yes 15 to 20 buyers lied within a 2 week period by claiming either not received or damaged or not as described.

Back then eBay allowed those buyers to keep the items and also give them a refund while giving me defects for my troubles.

But this all happened so fast that I didn't get a chance to respond to anything,I just got shut down due to so many claims at the same time.

So for many many years of selling with no problems at all then all of a sudden when the MBG came in then bam.

A few buyers that I know of that claimed they never received their items and ended up getting refunds left me feedback saying great seller,great items received them.

How can they leave positive feedback saying items received but they all got refunds for the items?

They got the items and my money also that's the part that has angered me from the beginning,if I got either the money or item back then it wouldn't worry me so much.

Message 22 of 27
Latest reply

@eezipeezi888 wrote:

A few buyers that I know of that claimed they never received their items and ended up getting refunds left me feedback saying great seller,great items received them.

How can they leave positive feedback saying items received but they all got refunds for the items?

They got the items and my money also that's the part that has angered me from the beginning,if I got either the money or item back then it wouldn't worry me so much.

Sounds like it might have been around bushfire time or maybe an AP mail truck caught fire or they got stuck

at one of AP's black hole sorting centres,(even now some sellers have tracked items going nowhere when

stuck at Underwood,Chullora or Sunshine West).

All have caused problems that a seller has no control over and don't seem to be taken into account when

something like what you experienced happens,stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

Message 23 of 27
Latest reply

As only a buyer now all the problems that sellers encounter with deliveries I understand them but I don't go and start blaming those sellers or try to scam them,if a delivery is late I wait longer and I don't claim that I never receive an item even if I do.

It's those few dishonest buyers that contributed to my demise.

The system in place now seems to allow sellers more leeway than we had 2 years ago,sellers don't seem to be suspended for life but rather get a week or so and then allowed to sell again.

Like some posters have said you get less time for murder lol.

Message 24 of 27
Latest reply

Yeah, the way  you've been treated, you'd swear you'd bashed the buyers and murdered their children. Even then, you'd still be offered parole at some point.

As for the OP, definitely threaten to report the buyer. If they don't cough up, let the law makers sort them out. EBay is happy to encourage scammers, sellers have to do what needs to be done themselves. EBay won't help sellers. We are the scum and are treated like we've just been scraped off the bottom of their shoe.

Message 25 of 27
Latest reply

le73
Community Member
It was $100.
Message 26 of 27
Latest reply

le73
Community Member
Thanks for the advice, will try that๐Ÿ˜Š