eBay-PayPal-pick up items

le73
Community Member

Hi All, this is my first complete rip off on eBay... just letting you know what happened so it doesn't happen to you too, be aware eBay do not have your back, I sold an item, payment went through on PayPal, the buyer contacted me via eBay to organise pick up, item was collected, then the eBay user claimed she had been hacked.... and PayPal took the money back off me beacuase of no tracking

order number... I provided contact numbers, details, times but regardless I can not even open a dispute because according to eBay and PayPal the buyer paid for the item... PayPal do not report back to eBay regarding supposed fraudulent use of accounts... the best I can do is provide **bleep**py feedback.... so now I have a sad ten year old who sold her first guitar... and now has no guitar and no money to buy the next size up

please if its local pick up choose COD only.... I'm sure most of you already know this, but for those who don't, please learn my lesson.

Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

@eezipeezi888 wrote:

Do you think eBay will listen to what I have to say about the way decent sellers are treated?

Some how I don't think so.

There you go,(the last post on that thread from Michelle,the option that might give you hope).

I'm happy for you to PM me some details about your account if you want me to pass it along to the right team to have a look at. I can't make any promises other than I'll  get someone to look into it.

http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Chat-with-eBay-staff/Understanding-Seller-Standards-Thursday-3-Augus...

Just explain in a clear and concise manner exactly how you got suspended and she will have a look at it.

Message 11 of 27
Latest reply

le73, what was the sale price of the guitar ?

image host
Message 12 of 27
Latest reply

The problem is tazz that I don't really know why I got suspended,ebay never explained to me why just that I was.

I never got the chance to see where or if any defects were handed out to me or why they were,just got a message saying you are no longer able to sell on ebay because I made the buyers experience on ebay a unsafe one.

Every time I tried all I got was you may as well stop trying as ebay will never reinstate you.

Really I get ripped off and I'm the one that has made it unsafe sheesh.

Tazz I don't have anything in the way in which I got suspended,just my complaining about it as I was sailing along one day and then all of a sudden I'm gone.

I never recieved any communication from any buyers with any complaints,feedback was 100% seller standards were excellent,so it all came out of no where.

I'm stumped as to why and ebay wouldn't and won't give me a clear answer.

Message 13 of 27
Latest reply

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

le73, what was the sale price of the guitar ?

Here ya go Kopes.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Yamaha-CS40-Acoustic-Guitar-/322564298141

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 14 of 27
Latest reply

Thanks padi, how did ya find it super sleuth ? Smiley Very Happy

le73, if it will put the smile back on Miss 10yo I will send you $100.

One of the things I do is to set things right.

PM me with a postal address if interested.

image host
Message 15 of 27
Latest reply

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

Thanks padi, how did ya find it super sleuth ? Smiley Very Happy

From FB left Kopes.......................good on ya for the offer of the bucks as well.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 16 of 27
Latest reply

Nice offer Kopes.  You're such a softie.     heart-shape1-smiley.gif

But I think the OP should send an invoice to the buyer through Paypal, with

a note saying it needs to be paid within 48 hours or they will be reported to ACORN.

https://www.acorn.gov.au/

I have done this more than once and they have paid immediately.  That's how to deal

with chargebacks.

But this threat needs to be backed up by reporting them to ACORN if they don't pay.

This is out and out theft in my book!

Another thing is, you can find her on facebook and shame her publicly for theft.

How was her account hacked if she came and picked it up?

OP please fight this low-life for your daughter's sake.

Message 17 of 27
Latest reply

Of course padi, I couldn't see it in completed so thought it must have been another account. July 30.

But I think the OP should send an invoice to the buyer through Paypal, with

a note saying it needs to be paid within 48 hours or they will be reported to ACORN.

I like that one stawks, that's something I would do.

Buyers account could have been hacked with the hacker picking the item up.

IOW a genuine chargeback.

I would call PayPal as I am pretty sure both buyer n seller has protection if an account is compromised.

image host
Message 18 of 27
Latest reply

AFAIK it wasn't a 'hacker' but another family member that used buyer's account,

if that part is to be believed.

They just don't want to pay for it.   gaaah smiley.gif  It's all wrong 

Message 19 of 27
Latest reply

Oh, and also hackers don't buy.......they sell.

Message 20 of 27
Latest reply