eBay Payments and Paypal

Hi All

I have tried searching a difinitive anser on this but wasn`t able to find one. Once eBays new payment system start, am I right in saying as far as selling on eBay, I will have no need at all to have a Paypal account ? So basically, I could just cancel my Paypal account altogether, and it won`t affect my selling on eBay ?

Thank You in advance

Message 1 of 41
Latest reply
40 REPLIES 40

eBay Payments and Paypal

Good question! You may well be right - you won't receive any payments in PayPal once managed payments start so unless you use it to buy stuff you may no longer be 'required' to have it. Will be interesting to see how that pans out

Message 2 of 41
Latest reply

eBay Payments and Paypal

Having a PP account has its uses and personally I wouldnt be cancelling my account - I'd just let it sit empty.

For example, I've had a few ocassions in the last few months where I've had to refund a couple of buyers who originally didn't receive items sent to the USA, but once they advised me that their stuff arrived, I sent a PP invoice for payment as the transaction was closed.

Message 3 of 41
Latest reply

eBay Payments and Paypal

Once Managed Payments begin for you I would be inclined to remove all the eBay debit authorities from your PayPal account.
Message 4 of 41
Latest reply

eBay Payments and Paypal

@tentrees123 wrote:

Good question! You may well be right - you won't receive any payments in PayPal once managed payments start so unless you use it to buy stuff you may no longer be 'required' to have it. Will be interesting to see how that pans out

Payment of monthly store fees?

Message 5 of 41
Latest reply

eBay Payments and Paypal

From what we've read, those are supposed to come out of your linked bank account.
Message 6 of 41
Latest reply

eBay Payments and Paypal

@joztamps wrote:

@tentrees123 wrote:

Payment of monthly store fees?

Things will change once managed payments start - you may still be able to nominate your PayPal account for payment of your monthly eBay invoice (I don't know, I'm reluctantly waiting to find all this out once it is forced upon us) - but as you will no longer receive any payments for sales into PayPal then your balance will have to be 'fed' by other means (bank account)

Message 7 of 41
Latest reply

eBay Payments and Paypal

Wonderful job eBay, rather than continuing to use a modern payment platform that runs 24/7/365 and works within seconds of a sale, let's use a 20th century payment platform that doesn't do anything after 4PM or on weekends or the insane amount of public holidays we have in this country (never mind the ATM genocide that has been happening over the past ten years), so when the typical rush of sales occurs near the end of the week we can all wait until Monday, Tuesday or even Wednesday before the money actually shows up. It might make sense if the banks in Australia had moved out of the 1980s like certain other countries have, but that isn't the case. I'll stick with PayPal on eBay until the very end. Not that Managed Payments is worth a sh%t anyway since they don't allow coins to be sold - there must have been too many money launderers selling commemorative 50c pieces.

PayPal will still have its uses long after eBay drops them - every other site that still accepts it.

Message 8 of 41
Latest reply

eBay Payments and Paypal

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 9 of 41
Latest reply

eBay Payments and Paypal

@heihachi_73 wrote:

... if the banks in Australia had moved out of the 1980s like certain other countries have, but that isn't the case. ...

I'd just like to point out that as far as banking is concerned, Australia is one of the most progressive countries in terms of offering and adopting new banking and payment technologies, and your assertions are greatly divergent from reality.

If your bank is still forcing you use cheques and passbooks, it might pay to investigate one of the 'big four' who most certainly aren't stuck in the 80s. I can do most of my banking from my phone using no more than my thumb - I don't know of any bank that allowed that in 80s. 

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 10 of 41
Latest reply