eBay actually stood up for me to a rogue buyer.

Well, blow me down, eBay actually took the side of the seller.

Most buyers are great, this one was a particularly nasty piece of work, full of swearing and invective.

Harrased me to pay a refund for non delivery of $8 item, after I had done it, he informed me by email that the item had arrived and he was not going to pay for it again.

So, gets to keep the coin and the money.

Then leaves awful, lying feedback, just to put the boot in.

eBay removed the feedback on my request, as at least they could see I had paid a refund, of course I am still $8 out of pocket, but what the heck, half a win is better than none at all.

Such are the trials of Internet selling, but as I say, most buyers are very good and appreciated.

The bad ones, few as they are, however, are memorable.

Message 1 of 22
Latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: eBay actually stood up for me to a rogue buyer.

I'm so glad you did.

Making those reports does not really take up a great deal of time, and you then have some assurance that you have done what you can to thwart this individual.

When it comes to actual threats, I think we can be a little too complacent sometimes. Threats never seem corporeal and actual until they're translated into viscous bloodied action, and by then it's often too late.

Message 21 of 22
Latest reply

Re: eBay actually stood up for me to a rogue buyer.

@outback_blends wrote:

Harrased me to pay a refund for non delivery of $8 item, after I had done it, he informed me by email that the item had arrived and he was not going to pay for it again.

You need to ring ebay and tell them he did this and forward the email to them. Tell them you will take it to ACORN if they dont resolve it. 

You must be kidding about ACORN. I was trying to get a scamming business offline for more than 4 months. They sell illegal tobacco pretending it to be legal. Moreover it was just unhealthy and it came in freezer bags already with mould on it.

I tried local and federal Police, ACORN, ACCC, ATO and Fair Trading. I have even done most of their job finding what business it is(they of course have no ABN,  No Address or anything on their website that could identify them) and I passed all business details to all these government agencies. And you know what nobody seems to give a s**** about customers being scammed on at least $200 each. I won't go into details what each agency replied to my complaint but the most ridiculous reply was from Fair Trading. First they did not even care to reply for over 1.5 months and when I sent them a complaint about not receiving anything from them they called me.

First they started blaming me for being scammed(I actually bought it from com.au domain and all product pictures seemed to be legit.  When it became hard for Fair Trading person to continue to blame me she switched to most idiotic reason why they were not going to do anything. She said to me that they could not do anything because they do not know this business address. The fact that Fair Trading have their ABN and that business has com.au domain which could not be registered without ABN did not change anything.

I even told her to go and check reviews on this business online where every customer said they received illegal  tobacco. It did not make a beep with a person on the phone. She just kept saying that without address they are not going to do anything.

And this business is well aware that they will get away with it. They just keep changing domains once a year and keep scamming others. Their minimum order is $200. Imagine how much people have been scammed over years and how much tax they have not paid fot it. Not to mention selling it without any license and I am sure selling it to people under 18. 

So good luck with complaining anywhere. I have tried to do a good thing to stop these scammers using these agencies and I do not believe in them  anymore.

Decoroo - Custom made wooden products
Message 22 of 22
Latest reply