eBay have killed off my thumbnail photos

I'm in the middle of doing some relistings to use up my 40 quota for the end of the month, and it appears that the eBay system has failed to carry through the thumbnail picture for each listing. The picture is still there when I click on a listing, but without a thumbnail, that pretty much kills the visibility of my listings. Any ideas about a quick fix? -- Aside from going through and editing each listing one by one (which I guess I will do... if I must).

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Same here. The gallery image is broken.
I've changed images, used the gallery fixing link - nothing.
So its them, not us.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Have had this happen now and again, usually if you leave it for a couple of hours they will appear. If they don't then just going into each listing, checking thr pic is there and then uploading sorts it out, very rarely do I have to delete and re-add the pic.

I find it never happens if I use a hosted photo.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

@phorum_junkie* wrote:

Have had this happen now and again, usually if you leave it for a couple of hours they will appear. If they don't then just going into each listing, checking thr pic is there and then uploading sorts it out, very rarely do I have to delete and re-add the pic.

I find it never happens if I use a hosted photo.

Ok - thanks for that, phorum. I have had this happen to me before with delays of up to 5 minutes, but never 35+ minutes. Very odd. Anyway, I'll keep listing now so that the auctions don't end too late at night and will investigate re-editing later. Thanks again.

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

So its them, not us.

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

@thingsmostneeded wrote:

So its them, not us.

Ah, okay - glad to hear it (not that it's happen to you, but that I'm not alone). Seems that the Friday gremlins are out two nights early? Will wait and see if it improves tomorrow.

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

I've had this happen before, but when I asked CS they said that even though the thumbnail doesn't show in MyeBay, it does show to customers, it is only us that can't see them.  I browsed on another computer without logging in and it checked out fine.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

@pennyforum14 wrote:

I've had this happen before, but when I asked CS they said that even though the thumbnail doesn't show in MyeBay, it does show to customers, it is only us that can't see them.  I browsed on another computer without logging in and it checked out fine.

Hmm. I just checked out my listings in a Chrome Incognito window (not logged in) and no luck. I will try another computer/device once I finish listing my 40, but I'm not holding my breath. Thanks anyway.

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

I uploaded some listings earlier this afternoon, the pictures took about 3 hours to show.
Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

@harley_babes_hoard wrote:
I uploaded some listings earlier this afternoon, the pictures took about 3 hours to show.

Thanks for the response, Harley... I've just had the photo for my first listing turn visible.... some 75 (!) minutes after the listing was started.

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

It seems to be happening to everyone. None of the thumbnails of the first dozen or so items in my regular searches are showing, must be a server error their end.
Message 10 of 12
Latest reply