eBay's INR refund covid policy riped me off

Recently received an " Item not received '' complaint  ,I forgot to upload the tracking number  which i subsequently did . The item was held up at a mail center (Katherine NT)   I contacted the buyer who was more than happy to hear their item was located and in transit still . Although ebay had the tracking info they closed off the claim and refunded the buyer after 3 days ,claiming the buyer had contacted them (which was bull**bleep**) So now out of pocket cant get any sense out of eBay to reverse their decision

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: eBay's INR refund covid policy riped me off

Has the buyer received item? Have they left you feedback? There is your proof.........

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Sounds like the automated  3 day closure for unresolved INR cases, for items without tracking.   Once the case was opened, did you provide the tracking details via the INR case, or simply add it to the sold listing.

From memory, the item must also show at least one valid tracking event (lodgement etc), and I think your

handling time must also be met.

Might be easier to deal with the Buyer, for repayment after item is received, than ebay

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

They will probably get put into eBay jail for making a transaction outside ebay

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

They will probably get put into eBay jail for making a transaction outside ebay

Unlikely. As far as eBay is concerned the transaction has ended. If eBay refunded, rather than the OP, eBay will have kept the fees, so they have no interest in a buyer repaying.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

LOL.   I  like the   ebay jail,   much better then  ebali.

But hardly likely, given the scenario, and the fact that in all likely hood, when the item is eventually delivered

ebay will simply advise sellers to ask the buyer to repay.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply