eBay when are you going to allow sellers to alert other sellers when there is a non paying customer

Hi I was wondering if anyone else feels that a seller should be able to leave negative feedback for a buyer who does not pay?

I am very understanding and wait for at least 1 week before asking the buyer what the status is etc, then usually wait another 3 or 4 days if no response before putting in a non paying request. I then cannot be asked to record a positive negative feedback comment it just increases the feedback count for the buyer so that they look like they are good buyers.

It is time consuming and annoying when a buyer does not respond to any emails and does not pay.

It is more annoying when you cannot even record that the buyer has not paid.

When will eBay allow sellers to acknowledge non paying customers.....I notice that the ones that I have recently he the pleasure to deal with are habitual non paying customers. eBay how and why is this allowed to continue, not being able to place a negative feedback on a buyer just encourages this habitual non paying customer to keep on doing it.

If you don't want the seller to be able to leave a negative then the system should automatically place a negative on a buyers feedback when a non payment is lodged, it is simple it avoid the seller for using bad language but would discourage buyers from this negative behaviour.

what do you all think?

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

eBay when are you going to allow sellers to alert other sellers when there is a non paying customer

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I think that the subject has been done to death and it is unlikely that ebay will go back to allowing sellers to leave negatives for buyers.

It is far more effective to open a NPB dispute and give the buyer a strike.

If sellers have their blocks in place they will not get serial non payers as they will be blocked.

By far the majority of your listings are BIN.....it you add immediate payment you will never have another non payer as they cannot buy without paying.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Never happen as buyers are a protected species. Just put your blocks in place and hit them with a NPB request. I often get emails from buyers saying they cant buy from me because ebay has them blocked and would I sell to them - the answer is ALWAYS no ! Checking my blocked buyers list report it has blocked LOTS of deadbeat buyers. 

Take a deep breath and move on (We all feel your pain - just nothing you can do )  

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Setting your listings to BIN with "immediate payment required" will eliminate non-payers 100% of the time.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Most of your listings are BIN so as cushions has said set them to IPR.

And if you change your auction listings to BIN, you will no longer have a non payer.

Simples.

aleks_trans.png

image host
Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Being able to give a buyer negative feedback isn't going to stop them buying. Warning sellers is pointless if the seller has buy it now items. You won't know the buyer is a serial non payer until after they've hit the buy button. Too late then. If they haven't contacted or paid after 4 days, open the dispute. If they haven't paid 4 days later, close it. Stop being soft. Use the tools available to you. 

As others have said, set blocks to stop the serial pests. If you don't know where to find them to set up, click here http://offer.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?BuyerBlockPreferences

BUyers with unpaid item strikes, set to 2 in 12 months

Buyers in a location I don't post to. Tick if you don't post overseas.

Buyers with policy violations, set to 4 in 6 months

Buyers who haven't gone through phone verification. Tick it. Tick the second box if you only wish to apply it to low feedback buyers. This setting stops guest buyers too.

Tick to stop blocked buyers contacting you.

Tick to apply to current and future listings.

Submit.

Each month (or whenever you feel like it), you can check to see how many people your blocks have stopped by clicking here. http://offer.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?BuyerRequirementsActivityLog

The only one I have on one account is a buyer with 1 feedback who has too many unpaid strikes. They tried multiple times to buy and couldn't. If I'd not checked the log I'd have never known they had even tried. Scary when one feedback and they're already a serial pest.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

@webstersvintage wrote:

Hi I was wondering if anyone else feels that a seller should be able to leave negative feedback for a buyer who does not pay?

I am very understanding and wait for at least 1 week before asking the buyer what the status is etc, then usually wait another 3 or 4 days if no response before putting in a non paying request. I then cannot be asked to record a positive negative feedback comment it just increases the feedback count for the buyer so that they look like they are good buyers.

It is time consuming and annoying when a buyer does not respond to any emails and does not pay.

It is more annoying when you cannot even record that the buyer has not paid.

When will eBay allow sellers to acknowledge non paying customers.....I notice that the ones that I have recently he the pleasure to deal with are habitual non paying customers. eBay how and why is this allowed to continue, not being able to place a negative feedback on a buyer just encourages this habitual non paying customer to keep on doing it.

If you don't want the seller to be able to leave a negative then the system should automatically place a negative on a buyers feedback when a non payment is lodged, it is simple it avoid the seller for using bad language but would discourage buyers from this negative behaviour.

what do you all think?

Forget feedback.

I think you are giving yourself too much trouble over all this.

First off, if you don't change your listings to immediate payment, if you want to stick with giving buyers time, don't wait a week.

That's plain silly because those who have not contacted you within the week are not concerned about you & have no intention of paying. In the meantime, you've still got them on your 'to deal with' list.

Nope, 4 days, no payment, just open a non payment dispute. If you're worried about communication, just send a reminder after 2 days. If they don't pay, give them a strike asap.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

What would really be beneficial.....if you've closed a NPB dispute you should be able to relist the item without losing one of the 40 free listings you get each month. I've just had yet another NPB but have run out of my free listings so need to wait to June to avoid paying listing fees. 😟

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply