eBay withholding Seller funds for 21 days. Outrageous.

Good Morning,

eBay has announced they will be withholding all payments from all Sellers for a period of 21 days.

As far as I can see this is Unlawful.

eBay is simply a web site that facilitates a transaction between a Seller and a Buyer. They have no right to interfere with the payment, and certainly they have no right to withhold funds under the guise of ensuring safety of the transaction.

They are simply using this to keep massive amounts of Sellers funds and earn Interest, while we site here out of pocket for 21 days.

They say -
a)
if you have sold less than 25 products within 90 days they will withhold funds - to ensure you are an honest seller. Garbage.

b)
if we do sell more than 25 items in 90 days, then next time we only sell 4, we again are left without receiving payment for 21 days.

This is not just for Newby sellers. I have been with eBay since 2007.

In any event, PayPal has a process of protecting the Buyer and Seller in the event something goes wrong with the transaction, namely, PayPal will refund the Buyer or Seller.

So is this just a way for PayPal to mitigate their losses, by pushing the problem back to eBay and using eBay to hold funds under the guise of protecting customers, so PayPal can weazel its way out of its promoted security scheme ?

Moreover we all know eBay and PayPal transactions are dropping thus is this a way for PayPal as the owner to generate Interest on the back of Sellers funds they are withholding unlawfully for 21 days ?

This is outrageous and must be stopped.

Message 1 of 60
Latest reply
59 REPLIES 59

Re: eBay withholding Seller funds for 21 days. Outrageous.

@lyndal1838 wrote:

@247newdeals wrote:

@lyndal1838 wrote:

@247newdeals wrote:

Not everyone uses these forums as a local hang out, like a group of you do,
And where would these boards be without the small core group of knowledgeable posters who give up their time to answer the same questions time after time?
And what is rude or sarcastic about posting a link to a previous thread where the question has been answered before or a link to the ebay policy in question.
Both methods answer the question that was asked without wasting anybody's time.

You THINK you are knowledge but you are not always right in your answers and a lot of what you do is just gossip and pat each other on the back that URL does not answer the question and the sarcasist remarks hewlp no one 

Can you point out where I have given a wrong answer?  

What do you see as gossip?  And where have I posted gossip on the trading boards?

The only place for gossip is in CS and usually to Moderators will move thread that should be there if they have been posted on the trading boards.

As for patting each other on the back....I presume you mean giving kudos.  If a member has given a correct answer it is far easier and quicker to kudo it than writing it all out again.  That is the whole idea of the kudo button.

WOW How does it feel to be infallible - Nearly 15000 posts and never given a wrong answer. 

However unfortunately I did pick one small error in your reply ebay should be written with a capital b "eBay", registered trademarks and all that stuff, pedantic I know, but when your aiming for infallible even little errors count.  As a knowledgeable poster you should really know this.

---------------------------------------------------
Profanity is no substitute for wit.
Message 31 of 60
Latest reply

Et tu, gec?

Top of the page...........pretty colours................no capital B

Message 32 of 60
Latest reply

@gec2002 wrote:

@lyndal1838 wrote:

@247newdeals wrote:

@lyndal1838 wrote:

@247newdeals wrote:

Not everyone uses these forums as a local hang out, like a group of you do,
And where would these boards be without the small core group of knowledgeable posters who give up their time to answer the same questions time after time?
And what is rude or sarcastic about posting a link to a previous thread where the question has been answered before or a link to the ebay policy in question.
Both methods answer the question that was asked without wasting anybody's time.

You THINK you are knowledge but you are not always right in your answers and a lot of what you do is just gossip and pat each other on the back that URL does not answer the question and the sarcasist remarks hewlp no one 

Can you point out where I have given a wrong answer?  

What do you see as gossip?  And where have I posted gossip on the trading boards?

The only place for gossip is in CS and usually to Moderators will move thread that should be there if they have been posted on the trading boards.

As for patting each other on the back....I presume you mean giving kudos.  If a member has given a correct answer it is far easier and quicker to kudo it than writing it all out again.  That is the whole idea of the kudo button.

WOW How does it feel to be infallible - Nearly 15000 posts and never given a wrong answer. 

However unfortunately I did pick one small error in your reply ebay should be written with a capital b "eBay", registered trademarks and all that stuff, pedantic I know, but when your aiming for infallible even little errors count.  As a knowledgeable poster you should really know this.

I did not say I was infallible.....I just asked for an example of a wrong answer which newdeals seems unable to give.

I tend to only answer the questions where I do have knowledge and experience so if I have made a mistake I am quite happy to be admonished....but not just in a general statement that I am wrong.

As for the spelling of eBay....that is a typo.  My typing is not infallible...I never claimed it was, but thanks for pointing it out.  I am sure there are plenty of other posters on the boards who will now learn from my mistake.

Maybe you could join the eBay Spelling, Grammar and Punctuation Police....I am sure you would become a firm favourite on the boards, especially among the posters who have English as their second language and are therefore not good spellers and sometimes post completely incomprehensible questions.

You might start with newdeals posts....I am sure he would welcome a spelling check of his recent posts.

Message 33 of 60
Latest reply

Clearly you don't know the difference between a registered Trademark Company Name and a Logo.  Letter B is not capitalized in the logo even though the name of the company is written as eBay.   CKS the designers of the original Logo thought a capital B would look like a roadblock in the middle of the logo so they capitalized letter Y instead, recently it was changed to all lowercase.  Logo Only

Oops appears your not infallible either.

Message 34 of 60
Latest reply

Please, please, please may I be in charge of the Apostrophe Division?

Marina.

Message 35 of 60
Latest reply

Oops appears your not infallible either

Oops appears you're not infallible either - fixed it for ya

Aaaaand  - you're welcome

Message 36 of 60
Latest reply

Well spotted. Stawks. Consider yourself deputised!

Marina.

Message 37 of 60
Latest reply

Thanks Marina.

pondering-and-thinking-smiley-emoticon.gif      Won't be long before this lot is a memory anyway

Message 38 of 60
Latest reply

a seagull has pooped on my car, might be one of the grumpy 4 i think.

Message 39 of 60
Latest reply

Correct you never said you were infallible, however you clearly implied you never get it wrong.

Before I join the Spelling Police do I need to get permission from the Sarcastic ones, the just plain rude ones, or the grumpy 4', as I would hate to upset the Infallible Knowledgable ones.

As Imastawka assures us its not sarcasm, all I can say is

All aboard

Message 40 of 60
Latest reply