eBay won't refund my seller account balance to my bank account

In May my credit card was charged final value fees of over $200 for an auction that was subsequently cancelled; buyer made a mistake. eBay refunded the final value fees to my seller account but didn't transfer the money through to my credit card.

Since then I have any numerous support chat sessions with eBay customer support who each time say that they are initiating a refund to my bank account and assure me that it will work, then it doesn't. We've tried different credit cards and savings accounts on the eBay account, but the refund never works.

eBay are now up to 7 failed attempts and they refuse to let me speak with someone who might be able to see what the problem is, and manually perform the refund.

I'm going out of my mind here at the ineptitude of eBay customer service and their systems.

Any ideas what I can do? Yesterday I filed a complaint with the NSW Department of Fair Trading and provided them a complete timeline of events.

Michael

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Ask them to refund directly to your bank account

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

I'm going through the same issue at the moment. 15 chat sessions. All saying it has been initiated but it never goes through... 

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Next step:  eBay you have 7 days to finalise the refund to my credit card or I will be lodging a complaint with the financial ombudsman.

given eBay now handle payments that should get the refund done quick smart

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply