ebay plus works but mostly a scam?

Hi guys,

eBay plus whats the product criteria for ebay to cover the shipping cost for the item?

I recently signed up to the ebay plus to make a purchase because of the following

Product 1

Seller 1 = $25

Seller 2 = $17 + 9.95 shipping

If i signed up to ebay plus "Seller 2", shipping is free. This means eBay paid for the shipping. The Buyer saves and the seller can sell it cheaper making it more attractive to ebay plus members.

Now i tried this on multiple products on my listing and it doesnt work

Offer 1 
Item Price (incudes free shipping), Shipping cost is incoperated into the item price

Offer 2

Item Price excluding shipping, Shipping cost is seperate to the item

When I provide "offer 1" =  eBay plus badge appears

When i provide "offer 2" =  eBay plus badge is removed and the buyer still has to pay for shipping

What this testing shows is that the eBay plus is just a glorified ebay top rated seller. However, from the purchase I made above I was enticed into signing up and save on the shipping which means ebay does actually cover the cost of shipping on certain items.
There must be some criteria that eBay will cover the shipping cost for certain items. Does anyone out there know?

Message 1 of 40
Latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

Re: ebay plus works but mostly a scam?

What do you mean 'when I provide"? Do you mean when you buy, when you put it in your cart, or something else?

You said you signed up to it to make a purchase but further down you talk about "my listing" as though you're a seller.
Message 2 of 40
Latest reply

As a buyer i signed up to make the purchase to get the shipping cost omitted when you have a eBay Plus account.
As a seller I tested the eBay Plus on my listing.

Message 3 of 40
Latest reply

Lots of sellers do have plus showing on their listings with postage. In another thread either yesterday or today I think someone said they seem to put it on smaller items that have separate postage, but I wouldn't trust that to be true and would have to check it out for myself.

I did check one seller's listings last week and they had it on listings with separate postage but the majority of their listings had free postage (maybe around 90%, at least of the ones I looked at, which wasn't all that many). Maybe if most of a seller's listings have free postage they'll put it on a few of their 'separate postage' listings as well.

Only time will tell and you might just have to keep an eye on it for a while.
Message 4 of 40
Latest reply

i'm pretty disgusted by ebay, as a veteran ebayer and bought and sold heaps of stuff of ebay i have not seen any good changes or evolutions of ebay accept that. buyers no longer give negative feedback and you must have 'paypal' option. Which is good because i've bought items never arrived and NO communication, gave the seller negative feedback and their revenge was to give ME a strike

ebay plus is total rip off of amazons 'amazon prime', if you're going to rip something off amazon do its "no time limited feedback" and you can alter feedback anytime you want, for amazon your profile will even remember purchaes you made YEARS ago, if you have problems their good customer service (through email) is super fast even from AMERICAS amazon, quick help. If you make a wrong purchase it can INSANTLY be recantered incase you purchased it by mistake. 

eg. a seller  sold me a severely scratched smart watch (gear2) i know description it said light scratches, but i assumed it was underneath the watch, I've still got child like eyes seeing the world too naively and think "nah no one would sell a watch with scratches ON the face of the watch"

they did, paypal is useless and i've only won one cases out of tons i've filed EVEN with pictures and and evidence, this 180day guarantee is B.S

it makes me fume and hope i can at least go back to a sale (old or not) and at least screw up their positive feedback rating, that sale no longer exists, you can't find the original feedback and alter it, you can't vote down the seller....absolution GARBAGE

Message 5 of 40
Latest reply

While you cannot alter the original feedback you can add an followup comment at any time.  I have seen it doen as long as 5 years after the original feedback was left.

If the original feedback has disappeared it means that ebay has probably removed the item/sale entirely.....the item could have been fake.  

Message 6 of 40
Latest reply

I'm not sure what you having 'not as described' problems has to do with eBay Plus. That sounds more like a lack of knowledge about how to screw sellers.

As far as recanting reneging on a sale, it is a 2 stage process to buy, so the purchase can hardly be classified as accidental. The time to decide whether or nor you want something is BEFORE you buy. You are buying from individual sellers here, unlike a lot of Amazon purchases, which are from Amazon, which can better absorb buyers' games than small, private sellers.

As you expect eBay plus to be the equivalent to Amazon Prime, which TV station do you think they will subscribe you to?

Message 7 of 40
Latest reply

Its changed folks ebay have clamped down on sellers selling items in bulk, to stop sellers using the postage cost as their profit margin, and getting reimbursed by ebay and can still send stuff letter mail for $10 and make money, I had a feeling ebay were going to act because some sellers were actually selling under trade prices we buy it for. Some sellers were charging $17-$25 postage lol. I had to submit a invoice to ebay indicating how much logistics cost for me so it qualifies me for ebay plus, For powersellers to qualify for plus now have to provide proof of logistics and costs of sending an item. cheers ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 8 of 40
Latest reply

Sadly disappearing (negative) feedback is a common thing now.
Buyer protection also means seller protection as the seller makes the money for Ebay.
A scammer will not get any negative feedback once you got a refund, he just keeps going.
Even if you left feedback before the case was over it disappears and makes the seller look perfect by all means.
Mony, money, always funny, in a rich man's world....

Message 9 of 40
Latest reply

I'm dissolving this ebay plus it's a dam rip off a lot of sellers dont use it waste of time
Message 10 of 40
Latest reply