feedback percentages

I dont believe the feedback percentage is correctly assessed by eBay. I've had one negative feedback from a dumb error I made and corrected but left it there (buyer said he would request removal) to remind me. Then I realised I don't believe eBAY assesses the percentage correctly.  Just because a buyer doesn't leave positive feedback doesn't mean they are not satisfied with their purchase. The correct percentage for positive feedback the number of (with or without (not left) positive feedback) against any negative feedback and the resultant percentage?  

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

feedback percentages

eBay is not perfect... however the way they calculate the feedback % is correct.

You could have sent your buyer a Feedback Revision Request.

Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

feedback percentages

there have been times, not many though, where I have chosen to not leave feedback rather than leaving a negative.  Most of these have been when I am annoyed by a seller but not outraged.

If I had to leave feedback I would have chosen a neutral or negative.

The point of my comment is that when a buyer chooses to not leave feedback, it might not be because everything went okay with the transaction.

Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

feedback percentages

We are two peas in a feedback pod, k1ooo.

Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

feedback percentages

Ebay have no way of knowing how a transaction went unless there is feedback, or INR, or NAD. The feed back % is based JUST ON FEEDBACK! Ebay do not publicly declare how many disputes a seller has even though Ebay has that data. The % is correctly derived.

Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

feedback percentages

Hi  there lg,

It is feedback percentage,  not sales percentage or happy customer percentage, as such it has been applied correctly.

Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

feedback percentages

Perhaps.  But a big part of it is the feedback interface is clunky and it takes far too long to leave feedback.

One simplification would be to allow customers to leave feedback at an order level rather than product.  If a buyer buys 10 items they have to click LEAVE FEEDBACK 10 times, open 10 windows, or find the screen where it jams everything into one screen.  However this one screen mixes items from orders received and others still pending - so not intuitive.  If I buy 10 items in one order and was satisfied with the experience, I should be bale to leave one feedback for the ORDER rather than individual items.

I don't measure my order/feedback ratio, nor do I do anything to solicit feedback.  Quick mental calculation suggests about 1 in 3 orders result in feedback.  I think the vast majority of the 2 in 3 who do not is because they could not be bothered dealing with the clunky feedback process.  

Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

feedback percentages

If you are saying that it is not correct because there have been buyers who didn't leave feedback (in spite of apparently being happy), yes, I understand it might be frustrating, but feedback is voluntary, and you could have sent the buyer a revision request. I understand that the buyer said they would ask eBay to remove it, but it looks like they either forgot or maybe they didn't know how to contact eBay (not too difficult, but many people come here saying they don't know how to contact eBay). If you had sent them a revision request it would have been much easier.

Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

feedback percentages

Since I have purchased on Ebay I have checked every sellers feedback.  More and more these days I look and find that a very large number of buyers and sellers do not bother leaving it at all.  Hence my purchasing is quite limited as I am not going to trust a seller who has limited info for me to read.  I always leave for a seller be it good bad or indifferent.  How are others ever going to know?  This is not my main buying account.

Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

feedback percentages

I'll give myself an uppercut.

Why didn't I think of mentioning a feedback revision request... smh

Message 10 of 16
Latest reply