has anybody else having a sales crash in oz ebay since the new year and experiencing no sales now

I sell on another id and have been a seller for 10 years and have experienced a huge downturn from $500 to $800 a week to now zero this week, buyers are scarce even watchers, ebay is useless in finding why, just says sellers are dependant on buyers-what if they have dissapeared like here? I am only giving it another few weeks to show something is happening beyond my control & will not have any money to pay ebay for my store and listers, any suggestions?

Message 1 of 187
Latest reply
186 REPLIES 186

Re: has anybody else having a sales crash in oz ebay since the new year and experiencing no sales no

No lyndal dave is right, I'm a whinger and I have been punished Woman Tongue

Message 71 of 187
Latest reply

Re: has anybody else having a sales crash in oz ebay since the new year and experiencing no sales no

You're not a whinger eezi.....you just tell it like it is.Smiley Wink

Message 72 of 187
Latest reply

It appears to be getting worse this year, I have spoken to several eBay sellers and they all report massive reductions in sales.

@tgfineminerals-2 wrote:

I sell on another id and have been a seller for 10 years and have experienced a huge downturn from $500 to $800 a week to now zero this week, buyers are scarce even watchers, ebay is useless in finding why, just says sellers are dependant on buyers-what if they have dissapeared like here? I am only giving it another few weeks to show something is happening beyond my control & will not have any money to pay ebay for my store and listers, any suggestions?

Message 73 of 187
Latest reply

I have had also had a steady decline in sales over the last 2 years,with the worst being more of a rapid decline in the last 12 months.

Ebay was my main income for many years but 10 months ago I was lucky enough to be offered another casual job which has become my main income now.

We have gone from selling around 40-50 item a week to just 10 a week and this weekend being the worst yet being zero at this point in time...nothing sold since Wednesday.

I had plans in seeing how it goes up until christmas but financialy if it keeps going like this it will only be another couple of months.

It will be terrible to face defeat after selling on Ebay for 10 years.

Message 74 of 187
Latest reply

DEAD Absolutely DEAD Ebay is getting worse..a once great experience now just a cash grabbing...fee hungry monolith that has crushed the small sellers who built their empire..changes? yeah ZERO sales thats the biggest change

Message 75 of 187
Latest reply

I've lost TRS on all accounts because I'm no longer a powerseller. Things have picked up a bit the last few weeks though. I really only have myself to blame for lack of sales in a lot of respects, I haven't really been putting a lot of effort in. I've got several boxes of new stuff here that hasn't been listed before and I have less than zero motivation.

Message 76 of 187
Latest reply

smlviolin.gif

Maybe be proactive about what and how you list?

Message 77 of 187
Latest reply

Although SURE... I'm down on last year's figures BUT this is all over the retail trade - not just Ebay! And even with this I'm probably only down about 20-25% on last years -which I dont find too bad (as Feb/March was terrible!!! & I thought that would continue). I think there's some sense in what some have said "If youre still selling the same items you were selling 5yrs ago, well things move on & they may not be selling anymore!" Painful as this is is you've got lots of old stock left! So as I've added new stock recently -I think thats what is accounting for my sales being OK!! Not fantastic but still doing OK! I have had a pick up from the early part of the year! If anyone can afford (or be bothered) to list some new things- you should give it a go!! And see if it works, cos it could be what you're selling!! 

Message 78 of 187
Latest reply

I sell used books. I have only ever sold used books. They seem to be a niche that continues giving. BUT if I had sloads of stuff that weren't selling I would consider looking at my business model.

Message 79 of 187
Latest reply

Hi Davewill ... I wasnt meaning you need to change what you're selling cos your stuff is going well - isnt it? Man Happy... in general I'm adding to convo that I think things are changing with people not putting their hands in their pockets at the moment!! Except if they HAVE to have it! I think the "collectables" catagory is having a bad time at the moment! So some people with slow sales should add a new catagory & see if its what they're selling adding to their sales doldrums!

Message 80 of 187
Latest reply