has anybody else having a sales crash in oz ebay since the new year and experiencing no sales now

I sell on another id and have been a seller for 10 years and have experienced a huge downturn from $500 to $800 a week to now zero this week, buyers are scarce even watchers, ebay is useless in finding why, just says sellers are dependant on buyers-what if they have dissapeared like here? I am only giving it another few weeks to show something is happening beyond my control & will not have any money to pay ebay for my store and listers, any suggestions?

Message 1 of 187
Latest reply
186 REPLIES 186

Re: has anybody else having a sales crash in oz ebay since the new year and experiencing no sales no

I feel sorry for you mate, I would never pay more than $10 for a pack of 8 or so underwear from a place like Big W and I'm a fairly big guy also. I recently bought two 64Gb MicroSD cards from someone in Sydney on eBay and they turned out to be fakes which were really 8Gb hacked to report 64Gb. I got a full refund luckily. Sadly this stuff still goes on and often you're dealing with a seller who has too much going on to properly take care of your problem or they are very difficult to communicate with..
Message 121 of 187
Latest reply

Re: has anybody else having a sales crash in oz ebay since the new year and experiencing no sales no

If you bought underwear advertised as men's sizes and were sent children's wear, and if a seller promised to correct the error by sending replacements but has not done so, why don't you open an item not as described claim, with the aim of money back, not replacement?

You say ebay is in the loop but I wasn't sure how you meant exactly. Do you mean you have already opened a formal case or only that you have spoken to someone?

If you have opened a not as described claim, and have photos and evidence from the ads that you were sent the wrong thing, then I would imagine you should get a refund.

Message 122 of 187
Latest reply

100% BEST POST in ages Our sales are absolutely miserable..32% down on last year & not from wanting of trying to improve.. have "jumped" through all the nonsensical & useless hoops & tips Ebay passes on for allegedly more sales They dont work...We've had 2 sales in what is supposed to be the busiest time of the year..and we are nearly half way through the Xmas period..i wish the ACCC would investige the clear and obvious practise of "lights on" "lights off" scenario which is obviously apparent.. or some other business could provide a fairer and more successful platform..Id leave in an instant...im sorry your sales are down..i hope the ebay narcs try to do something about this ordinary situatiuon...

Message 123 of 187
Latest reply

And what do you think the ACCC is going to do about an American company that is located in America?

Absolutely nothing!!!!!!   They have no jurisdiction in the USA.

Message 124 of 187
Latest reply

whatever lyndal really happy you are so across govt affairs.....just spoke with an ebay rep..they say reason why sales are down for us "tech stuff is selling well"..if so just stop having other catergories..its simple there is a lights on lights off policy..this rep refused to deny or confirm...and im not alone on this..somethings just not right...

Message 125 of 187
Latest reply

Increase in fast fashion ie Zara,Uniqlo,H&M etc and people buying cheaper items that dont last....has killed ebay Aus ,along with fees and gst
Message 126 of 187
Latest reply

Having and accepting best offer on everything probably hurts you more than GST. Which I doubt you would have to pay on your eBay sales.

Message 127 of 187
Latest reply

@7666helen wrote:
Increase in fast fashion ie Zara,Uniqlo,H&M etc and people buying cheaper items that dont last....has killed ebay Aus ,along with fees and gst

The issues you mention could very well result in a permanent slump in sales in the fashion category. Likewise my main product has been slowly declining for a number of years due to changes in technology and Chinese knock offs.

It would be easy to say ebay is stuffed and will never recover etc. etc. Instead I found a different product line to sell. Something that is still relevant to a changing market. The result is while my traditional products are still pretty slow and stagnant, ( and in general decline ) my new store is growing sales and doing brisk business. I am basically selling as much as I can realistically handle and would find it difficult to keep up if sales improve much more.

If the product you are selling is no longer relevant, don't blame ebay...... Change your product to something buyers actually want.

Message 128 of 187
Latest reply

Oh yeah. I'm sure ebay is directing traffic to big sellers. I have had many items the same as others. They get top dollar, I can't get a look in.

SHAMBAY. It used to be good, but like everything that becomes listed on the stock exchange, it trades service for profits.
Message 129 of 187
Latest reply

This is a very late reply to your post. But I must comment. I believe eBay is directing traffic away from small sellers.

More often I find myself listing on Gumtree and Facebook Marketplace.
Message 130 of 187
Latest reply