has anybody else having a sales crash in oz ebay since the new year and experiencing no sales now

I sell on another id and have been a seller for 10 years and have experienced a huge downturn from $500 to $800 a week to now zero this week, buyers are scarce even watchers, ebay is useless in finding why, just says sellers are dependant on buyers-what if they have dissapeared like here? I am only giving it another few weeks to show something is happening beyond my control & will not have any money to pay ebay for my store and listers, any suggestions?

Message 1 of 187
Latest reply
186 REPLIES 186

Re: has anybody else having a sales crash in oz ebay since the new year and experiencing no sales no

Two virtually identical responses. One to the Opening Poster, who started this thread two years ago, and hasn't visited the boards since. So obviously having a rant and not even after support, validation or solutions That's not any version of late, that is resurrection.

Message 131 of 187
Latest reply

Re: has anybody else having a sales crash in oz ebay since the new year and experiencing no sales no

@retrotechnicon wrote:
Oh yeah. I'm sure ebay is directing traffic to big sellers. I have had many items the same as others. They get top dollar, I can't get a look in.

SHAMBAY. It used to be good, but like everything that becomes listed on the stock exchange, it trades service for profits.

eBay went public in 1998, so they have been listed on the stock exchange since before you joined. Why wouldn't a company trade service for profits? Or an individual, for that matter. Unless your are investing wealth you didn't work for, everybody does it.

Message 132 of 187
Latest reply

@retrotechnicon wrote:
Oh yeah. I'm sure ebay is directing traffic to big sellers. I have had many items the same as others. They get top dollar, I can't get a look in.

SHAMBAY. It used to be good, but like everything that becomes listed on the stock exchange, it trades service for profits.

Shambay. Oh, you're so hilarious! Why didn't you add Feebay and Scambay in there for good measure? Then you could be completely unoriginal.

Spoiler
I have wondered how long people sit there trying to come up with an alternate name for eBay to express their disgruntlement.
Spoiler
Not realising so many others before them have used the same alternate name, thinking they are being so original
Spoiler
And not at all funny.
Spoiler
It just makes people look childish.
Message 133 of 187
Latest reply

You forgot to include Greedbay - always original  hahahaha

Message 134 of 187
Latest reply

Thank you, yes, I knew there was another, I just couldn't remember it at the time. How could I forget Greedbay? It's one of the most popular ones!

Message 135 of 187
Latest reply

Yes you are not alone my store is down 50% since new year
10 years selling on ebay and never see a decline like the last 5 months.
Esty Sales are also in decline
Message 136 of 187
Latest reply

You might not get a reply as tanzygirl2 posted her message two years ago.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 137 of 187
Latest reply

@sharpedge6777 wrote:
Yes you are not alone my store is down 50% since new year
10 years selling on ebay and never see a decline like the last 5 months.
Esty Sales are also in decline

May be, due to some unforeseen factors, discretionary spending is down.

Like an impending election, no real increase in wages over the last several years, costs of everyday items (food, electricity, petrol) going up.

Maybe you need to target CEOs.

Message 138 of 187
Latest reply

multiple erections . . . I've had two in six months

Message 139 of 187
Latest reply

bl00dy phone spell correction. That'll teach me to use my right hand next time.

I, like others in VIC and NSW, have had two elections in the last six months.

I look forward to elections these days.

Message 140 of 187
Latest reply