having a shop vs selling without a shop

I and my sister are thinking about starting a shop soon Ebay and combining our listings.,,Obviously Ebay Are getting rid of their small time sellers and only giving the shop sellers  more exposure.

Our sales have gone to almost nothing in the last couple of years  from being very happy with our multiple sales. before that,

We are both long time sellers on Ebay being very  disheartebd with sales in the past year,

What are the benfits to changing to a shop.

Message 1 of 45
Latest reply
44 REPLIES 44

On this ID there is no point as you have sold very little in the last 12 months so you are considered a new seller and may have restrictions. However you have 108 listings so perhaps not.

Once the restrictions are lifted then you need to work out the numbers but as a rule of thumb, to make a store viable you need to list at least 100-200 listings and have a good turnover.

As to exposure, you don't necessarily get anymore with a store than non store accounts.

image host
Message 2 of 45
Latest reply

How would having a store make a good turnover if OPs sales are basically non existant at the moment?

For me opening a store would only happen if I had at least 600 listings ready to go and items that sell enough to keep it going.

But it would be cheaper for OP to perhaps open a store and as they said group their items together and see what happens?

Not sure if OP gets charged a whole lot extra for having more than the 40 free listings per month also hence the reason for opening a store to cut back on fees?

Message 3 of 45
Latest reply

I have 2 selling user names on Ebay,

Yes not many listings here but have had many other listings and My sister has more we could easily list 500 0r more but at this time seems pointless,We have both had many sales over the years  and very expeinced with Ebay,

We are very dissaointed to how are sales have virtually disapeared recently and would like to combine with a shop if possible.

We have done very well in the past and been with Ebay for 18 years or so,

Just want opinions not discussions on listings 

Message 4 of 45
Latest reply

What restrictions ,As far as I know I have no restrictions

Message 5 of 45
Latest reply

Only you can determine if it's viable. eBay provide information about what store costs are, along with fees for using one.

Your listings seem to be aspirational, rather than necessities. And that is directly relevant to your question. Factor in that jobseeker and -keeper are due to end next month, the hit to credit cards from Christmas and school going back.

You are the only ones who can determine if it's worth opening a store. None of us know your particular circumstances/items, so we can only offer theoretical solutions, taking into regard the minimal facts you have provided.

Message 6 of 45
Latest reply

@jjba6541 wrote:

What restrictions ,As far as I know I have no restrictions

If you have none, then you won't have any opening a store.

But as mentioned, only you can do the numbers to calculate whether it's viable.

image host
Message 7 of 45
Latest reply

You are being rather rude to a well respected member of the boards.

If you are as experienced on eBay as you say, I wonder why you asked the question

Message 8 of 45
Latest reply

Didnt beleve I was being rude.

Yes I have been on Ebay since 2001.I believe I am experienced

Just did not think I needed having a shop but was thinking about it and asking opinions on this,'How was I being rude asking 

opinions,

.Listings on this user name and sales in no way show what is being sold by me at this momnet

Message 9 of 45
Latest reply

Opening a shop does not cost much and if are willing to put some time in the only way to know if it will make a difference is to try.

Message 10 of 45
Latest reply