having a shop vs selling without a shop

I and my sister are thinking about starting a shop soon Ebay and combining our listings.,,Obviously Ebay Are getting rid of their small time sellers and only giving the shop sellers  more exposure.

Our sales have gone to almost nothing in the last couple of years  from being very happy with our multiple sales. before that,

We are both long time sellers on Ebay being very  disheartebd with sales in the past year,

What are the benfits to changing to a shop.

Message 1 of 45
Latest reply
44 REPLIES 44

Thank You Charmelon your advise and Tippy Toes .Have always had good advise without being rude.
Message 21 of 45
Latest reply

Thank you Tippy toes.I appreciate your advise always.
Message 22 of 45
Latest reply

I thought the main reason for not having visible DSR is due to not selling 10+ items within a 12 month period? 

And that you need to have sold that amount so then you may receive feedback.

So the selling part is the thing that needs to happen first, and the feedback comes with it if the buyer decides to leave it.

I've looked at many sellers without DSR and most of them haven't sold much but have received feedback for those sales, so more than often the sales are the things that need to happen first.

Message 23 of 45
Latest reply

I thought buyers want information.I understand what your saying,,I put things in my descriptions to cover things I thought buyers would like to know

.Mostly the things I put in my descriptions are things buyer ask me about.

.But I can cut back and see what happens.Meanwhile.

My sister and I are still considering about the shop experience. . 

A lot of buyers dont know that shipping is sometimes taking a long time.Good to inform them before they start asking for refunds.

I still do International because many of my sales comes from overseas.Or they did when selling on Ebay wasbetter than it is now.

Also some of my items may seem expensive but most of them have Postage added.

Also some of my more expensive items are still cheaper than similar items listed.

Thank you for your advise

Message 24 of 45
Latest reply

But the issue for me as to the items OP is selling is that I think that more than not people have those items already.

I know that my parents still have in their posession 70s, 80s and 90s collectables and I also have a few.

Message 25 of 45
Latest reply

Yes the prices look high on some because of the postage...Like poster require a tube with the poster .The tubes add another 3-4 dollars onto the 9 dollars postage..Cant send poster without a tube..I used up all my 2nd hand tubes ages ago and now need new ones everytime.

Ill take another look at those descriptions though .Thanks again
Message 26 of 45
Latest reply

The thing here is also that until recently I sold a lot of items.
Since 2001 I have sold near to 3,000 things.So yes some people may have these things but there are always new fans .They are the ones that dont have these things.
Also people )fans ) tended to buy more when artists arent touring.
Thats what happened pre pandemic.
Message 27 of 45
Latest reply

I don't presume to offer advice on the items you are listing as they are not my area of expertise but from the point of view of listings in general I know what annoys buyers....I have done plenty of that.Smiley Wink

Try pruning your terms back....for example, there is no need to explain that you cannot give postage discounts as you do not get any discounts from AP.

Keep the rules simple and don't make rules that are at odds with the ebay rules which will override yours anyway.  There is no need to explain your reasons for anything.

On one listing I noticed a speil about the ebay Make an Offer function.

While I agree that ebay should not do it, it would look better if you don't lay the blame where is should be.  Just circumvent it by setting automatic accept and reject amounts within a 5 or 10 cent range of your listed price.

You won't have to explain anything to your buyers and can only lose a few cents on your top price.

Good luck!

Message 28 of 45
Latest reply

I don't think your items are expensive at all but I do know of a few sellers that sell exactely the same items as you do and they're selling like there's no tomorrow so to me it honestly seems that you have got major competion from other sellers so you can either try and compete with them which of course you are but and I know this might seem a bit crazy and out there but perhaps drop the prices on some of your items that you're willing to take a hit/loss just to get things rolling again?

This is just my own observation and please don't take any of my dribble into consideration if you totally disagree with it.

Message 29 of 45
Latest reply

I have free postage on most items it does increase the selling price.I used to charge postage but was just trying to see if free post would help saes.Thanks for your advise.I appeciate any input.
Message 30 of 45
Latest reply