having a shop vs selling without a shop

I and my sister are thinking about starting a shop soon Ebay and combining our listings.,,Obviously Ebay Are getting rid of their small time sellers and only giving the shop sellers  more exposure.

Our sales have gone to almost nothing in the last couple of years  from being very happy with our multiple sales. before that,

We are both long time sellers on Ebay being very  disheartebd with sales in the past year,

What are the benfits to changing to a shop.

Message 1 of 45
Latest reply
44 REPLIES 44

Re: having a shop vs selling without a shop

I've sold heaps of Records and have had no complaints,
Always great feedback .
I do play some records but not pure Mint ones.Which are usually collectable to certain fans.

Thanks for feedback .
Message 41 of 45
Latest reply

I have records in mint condition still wrapped in original package so you're saying you wouldn't buy them because I couldn't tell you if they played or not?

Message 42 of 45
Latest reply

To the OP, I am thinking that to warrant a store you would need a bigger selling turnover which obviously is the reason you are posting here.

In one of your posts you mentiion having sold 3000 items since 2001 - maybe that was a typo, because that eqates to only 3 items a week.

Perhaps follow the advice of chameleon and others with fixing your listings, and definitely cut back on the T & C's, as lyndal said a lot of them go against eBay rules, and would be over ridden in a dispute anyway. 

I think your prices are good, but I agree with digi that combining postage can be a positive thing for a buyer, so maybe redress the idea of Free Post and see how you go selling for the next month or two, because you may find with these tweaks on your listings your sales will increase without a store.

Message 43 of 45
Latest reply

@instylecollectables wrote:

I have records in mint condition still wrapped in original package so you're saying you wouldn't buy them because I couldn't tell you if they played or not?

No I'm not.  I'm referring to the records on the OP's listings.  The ones I looked at are not sealed.

I've been caught out before relying on a seller's grading based on just looking at the record, not playing it.  With records that are second hand well played and not sealed, I personally will not take that risk ever again.

Message 44 of 45
Latest reply

I may have under estimated My sales.

I was a guess at the time.

At moment things have slowed.
Message 45 of 45
Latest reply