how am I supposed to refund a buyer if it was the old pay pal that I cant access?

hi recently i took over an account on here and the previous persons pay pal was not mine and i had no way of accessing it nor the previous owner yet the funny thing is when i cancelled the transaction it refused to refund this particular person yet it did so for many others plus the guy i think is maybe a suspicous character as his details are funny

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

how am I supposed to refund a buyer if it was the old pay pal that I cant access?

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Your story is rather complicated and I have no idea how to help you but one thing I can tell you is that you cannot "take over" another person's ebay account and certainly not do refunds through their paypal account.

I am guessing that the previous refunds through the previous owner's account was done because the items were paid for into that paypal account.

And who is this suspicious character.....the previous owner of the account?  If you have paid him to take over the account he certainly is suspicious.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

I certainly wouldn't be advertising on a public forum that you have "taken over" someone else's account. That in itself is suspicious. The only people who "take over" other people's accounts are those that have hijacked them for their own personal gain. There are a lot of lurkers on this forum who never post and they would gladly report you for hijacking someone else''s eBay account.

You have broken every rule in the book. I would be walking slowly backwards out of the room so as not to draw any more attention to yourself.

As for accessing someone else's PayPal account, no, you can't. It's not yours to access and PayPal would never give you access. If you've hijacked someone else's account and you have to refund someone, it comes out of YOUR money.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

OP is in Russian Federation lol

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

And yet registered in Australia.    

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

So who hijacked who????

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

I'm sooooo confused...................

Registered in Australia.  

Item location Moscow.......... but shipping from China/Hong Kong/Taiwan  ???????

Everything is so wrong with this account

http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling/hi-and-is-it-against-ebay-rules-to-give-or-let-someone-else-...

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Perhaps Steven or Toni could explain lol

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Thought the same thing

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

I know exactly what's going on.

It must be an Australian who is a double agent spy for Russia and China and he sends

his parcels out of China as it's cheaper.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply