how do I contact ebay australia?

antechinus55
Community Member

I cannot cancel an item, which has been sold elsewhere. I have a buyer who insists s/he has paid for the item. I cannot find any record of the payment in my PayPal account, which is the payment method the buyer says they have used. I DON'T THINK it's a scam and I will repay the buyer if I can confirm payment, but I want to talk/chat with an actual ebay person about all this.

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: how do I contact ebay australia?

imastawka
Honored Contributor

eBay Customer Service

Scroll to the bottom of the page to 'contact us'

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

Are you definitely still on Paypal, or have you move over to the new Managed Payments system?

Why can't you cancel the item? Does the option not appear?

If the item has sold on Ebay and the buyer has paid, you would have a completed transaction to refer to, otherwise it will still say pending payment or some such.

Is this the Chromebook you sold on the 4th?

I do think it sounds like a scam and half expect the buyer to show you some "proof" that they have paid you.

Surely you would also have received a notification when payment was made?

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

You would be on managed payments (the Chromebook that sold has GPay as a payment option, that's only available with sellers on MP).

That means it doesn't matter how the buyer paid, the money will go to your eBay seller account. (Go to My eBay / seller hub and look for the "Payments" tab, you should see funds there if payment has actually been made). 

Have you completed set-up for MP? Verified everything (your ID, bank account etc)? If that hasn't been done, it may be the reason the option to cancel isn't available. 

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

If you are on Managed Payments the money will go into your bank account, but it can take some time if you are a new seller or a seller who has not sold for some time (so eBay considers you a new seller).

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

Contact us only provided links to more pages. They don't want you to contact us. Too bad they have no competition to force them to lift their game.

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

@stuartvw wrote:

Contact us only provided links to more pages. They don't want you to contact us. Too bad they have no competition to force them to lift their game.

I followed the links.

I had no trouble starting a chat... what did you do wrong?

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

There is no "contact us" at all.

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

Further more the 1800 number tells anyone about the FQA and then cuts out.

I have a problem too and nothing in the FQA but can't  contact ebay direct.

If there was another site like ebay, I would have left ages ago.

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

@ajax1937 wrote:

There is no "contact us" at all.

I can see it. You have to scroll down to see it though, as Stawka said.

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply