how dumb is Australia post getting?

over the last several months have had several letters [2 internationl] delivered back to me. bewilders me that the postie thinks i live in Norway and America. can understand a computer reading my little return sticker by mistake but the postie?

when i took them back to my post office he hinted it has been happening a bit.

today had a message about a parcel from a ebayer he had sent to me which was delivered back to him.

anyone else been experiencing this?

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: how dumb is Australia post getting?

Maybe they're just obligated to do what they're told - a lot of workers in Oz are, despite the action being futile and/or possibly creating further issues. AP are seemingly riddled with pointless, beaurocratic procedure these days, so it wouldn't surprise me if they're issued with the instruction to deliver, putting the burden of responsibility / action back on to someone else...

Message 11 of 16
Latest reply

here is another one for you -

received back the empty packet from a used dvd i posted. it was inside a plastic envelope from aussie post saying nothing inside, contents not there blah, blah. okay so it got caught on the sorting machine and ripped open and dvd fell out. [i seal it with tape as well which looks like it was sliced open] but could be a machine tear.

so i ring the phone number thinking this will be easy, they will go to the lost item box at the sorting center, find the title and every ones happy.

of course not.....................

the phone number is the general number and they wont give me the mail center phone number. i have to go to the post office and fill out a form.................... which i then find cant be accepted at the post office.............................. it has to go to the corperate office in the middle of town. the parking [if i can find one] costs alone i could probably buy a new one.

so perhaps the title of this thread should have been -

who is dumber Australia post management or the tax payers who pay them?

Message 12 of 16
Latest reply

@digital*ghost wrote:

Maybe they're just obligated to do what they're told - a lot of workers in Oz are, despite the action being futile and/or possibly creating further issues. AP are seemingly riddled with pointless, beaurocratic procedure these days, so it wouldn't surprise me if they're issued with the instruction to deliver, putting the burden of responsibility / action back on to someone else...

Exactly DG .....  for goodness sake don't ever actually check the address for To or From .... just put it into (or partially put into) someones - anyones -  letter box  - or throw near front door - or chuck over the fence and FGS ignore those do not safe stickers and signature required services  .... .  everyday, every single day on multiple occassions (evidence-check out their facebook page for examples)  ... its just toooooo many times to be defensible.

.... but roll on with rolling out the excuses fellow posters ... or the "I don't have any problems" so therefore no one else does naysayers.

Message 13 of 16
Latest reply

Thanks AustraliaPostStore

I did actually report the incident at the time through the correct channels, but the feedback that I received (which I had to follow up on) was one of denial by the Aust Post contractor.

Message 14 of 16
Latest reply

"

.... but roll on with rolling out the excuses fellow posters ... or the "I don't have any problems" so therefore no one else does naysayers."

Hey thecatspjs - they're not my excuses, I am simply passing on what Australia Post have told me

Doesn't mean I agree with it - it's a discussion forum isn't it ??

Message 15 of 16
Latest reply

Yup it is.

It is one of my favourite discussions.

Second only to non-paying bidder discussions.

Message 16 of 16
Latest reply