how to you deal with multiple items with free shipping

I have decided to offer frem shipping on my items sold within Australia so include the postage cost in item, however when it comes to multiple items that can be shipped for the same price as 1 any suggestions on how to deal with this or even advise potemtial byers of discount.

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: how to you deal with multiple items with free shipping

If your limits make it viable and you keep the store, you will have access to the Promotions Manager tool, which allows you to set up price discounts on multiple item purchases. eg You could have buy 2 get 10% off, or buy 5 and save $5 etc. 

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

You don't. You send as is providing the buyer pays for everything in one transaction. If they pay for each item separate, you send them separately. I buy quite a few things with "free postage" and have never expected a discount or refund of any kind when buying multiple items from the same seller.

Edit: Use the extra you get from postage to pay for your store. Having a listing limit of only 10 items per month will cost you a lot more having a store than if you didn't (in fact, you'll probably be losing money).

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

If your limits make it viable and you keep the store, you will have access to the Promotions Manager tool, which allows you to set up price discounts on multiple item purchases. eg You could have buy 2 get 10% off, or buy 5 and save $5 etc. 

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

If buyers ask before hand about combining you can respond to messages with a discounted price offer.

Generally though using free post you will get fewer combined purchases.

One of the main advantages of freepost is that it makes admin and working out postage simpler. Dont confuse it too much. You will also get buyers after thinking they can get a discount paying individually which going by policy means seperate packages. Trying to sort all that out makes it all too much effort..

i find that combining puts the value up so then I add in sig. So total shipping costs works out not much different

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

esayaf
Community Member
I send an extra item if I have one
Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

thank you for your input, 

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

thank you for your assistance
Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

I must endeavour to look at this, I have a listing limit of 100, because I have another id which is mumandsons, however my son and his partner have taken over this one and I wanted one of my own..saves arguements lol. mumandsons was just that mum and 2 sons which I used to manage and the boys put things up.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Setting up a promotions manager rule is the only way to go about this.

Just don't forget that when you include postage in the item price you will have to reprice all your stock in the event of a postage rise.

That's ok i you have a small number of listings but if you go over a few hundred it turns into a real pain.

Nobody posting here has seen any difference in sales using either "free" post or separate postage.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply