i have a problem

i have an item ready to be picked up [by the way this is 100% true  if someone can help me download the picture here on this post i will] i have a chicken on my roof ,its been there for nearly 3 weeks ,  there is a large tree at the front of my house hanging over the front of my roof, cant catch the chicken which we have free to a good home .found a person who has a small farm with chickens  ready to take it there . but i cant get the chicken on the ground so that i can put it in a large box for transport.  any ideas.

by the way i feed it everyday with a bowl of food and water . even my cat has been on the roof and this chicken is too smart  , even pidgeons go up to his food ,and the chicken chases it.

thank you if you can help

ps  i have a good exuse if i get a defect to ebay if i cant deliver on time lol.

Message 1 of 145
Latest reply
144 REPLIES 144

i have a problem

if i show it the axe , my wife would use it on me......

i tryed the broom ,and she just got up the tree like a monkey,

Message 11 of 145
Latest reply

i have a problem

@joethenuts wrote:

hi it can fly no eggs , in 3 weeks that we have seen it came down once as soon as we got there it flew to the fence and then on the tree , it sleeps on the tree branch and also the roof  , the tree branch goes over the part of the roof,

if it was a flat roof ok i would go up there but not on a tiled roof ,

do you think i should stop putting its bowl on the roof and keep the bowl on the ground, but she sometimes knocks the plastic bowl off the roof ,but does not bother that i know off come down. my wife has called it patricia.mmmm

even had the baker across the road come over with a knife and fork.

Just stop feeding it,(when it gets hungry it will come down).

Remove all bowls from the roof,(if you want to feed and water it then do it on the ground near the back fence).

Put something on the fence to stop it from using it as a jump off spot once it's down.

It's become comfortable up there and it's getting fed,(it's got no reason to come down).

Message 12 of 145
Latest reply

i have a problem

I would get that branch cut down because when it snaps it will damage the house.

You have all your info on the picture as well,(which is never a good ID to post that on an open forum).

Message 13 of 145
Latest reply

i have a problem

i will try to convince my wife about that, , she feels sorry for it , once its down it would be easier to catch  mind you  we saw it down only once ,and as soon as we came close it just jumped on the tree,   if we did not have a tree ,we would be smiling.

apparently we have a small group of shops accross the road and about a month ago a chicken maybe the same one walked in to the supermarket , so now i get everytime i go there is  why did the chicken cross the road , to  go on joes roof.  i have the baker donating bread , its not how are you today anymore its how is the chicken  mmmmmm

Message 14 of 145
Latest reply

i have a problem

yes i saw that but that info is available on all my listings anyway.

the tree thats another problem which has to be looked at.  but i will try the food part  thanks 

Message 15 of 145
Latest reply

i have a problem

was going to say the same thing about that tree. It needs to go,That is a hazard.
Message 16 of 145
Latest reply

i have a problem

saarzi
Community Member

I have about 30 chooks at home.

I dont really understand why youre considering pushing it off the roof with a hose, which will hurt and stress it, or just not feeding or giving it water. Thats really cruel.  Chooks arent the brightest... it may just not come down and die of thirst up there.

Of course its going to fly or run away during the day time if its not used to being picked iup regularly.

All chooks start roosting before sunset. When its roosting you can literally just pick it up, it wont move because they cant see in the dark and they go into a type of trance when its roosting time.

You can get a ladder and go up and pick it up when its dark enough (no need to wait until night, dusk is fine).   If it doesnt work the first time, the next evening wait until its a little darker and use a torch. Or, do it early, early morning.

Its only on the edge of a the roof. Its right next to the gutter, theres no need to get onto the roof. Fiind a friend with a ladder.   If I was close to you, Id come and pick it up myself.

Message 17 of 145
Latest reply

i have a problem

I reckon a .22 rifle and a crock-pot in  that order..................( though that could raise similar issues with your wife like the ax solution)

Seriously though, I agree with the others, that tree needs some very serious pruning or it's going to cause real problems soon - I imagine the first problem will be blocked gutters/downpipes (before they rust out that is.....). 

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 18 of 145
Latest reply

i have a problem

...... I just love these discussion boards ......... Smiley LOL

Message 19 of 145
Latest reply

i have a problem

Hi sars   I go everyday on a ladder and feed the chook as soon as I make 1 step on the ladder the choock walks backwood  as soon as I go down tge chook goes to the gutter  this is a smart chook remember it has prob crossed a main road on its own 

Message 20 of 145
Latest reply