is feedback finished?

Each month less and less people bother to leave feedback.

ebay is more willing to remove feedback now than ever before. 

Buyers can only receive positive.

Sellers with terrible feedback still get purchased from.

etc etc etc

It just doesn't seem to be as important as it once was and millions of people happily shop on websites, that have no feedback system, every day.

Has the usefulness of feedback, in its present state, had its run?

Personally I would like it changed to a transaction count for both buyers and sellers.

Buyers would rate a transaction (possibly with a rank out of 10) and the seller would receive an overall satisfaction rating garnered from an average of all rankings.

It would be quick and should be compulsory.

Buyers pages would show the average satisfaction rating left for others.

Buyers could opt out of seeing items in searches from sellers whose rankings fall below a set level and sellers could block buyers who left rankings below their desired level.

The comments can go altogether. Sellers would not rate buyers at all.

What do you think? Has feedback had its run? How would you change it?

Message 1 of 82
Latest reply
81 REPLIES 81

Re: is feedback finished?

I am one of those buyers who absolutely dislike shopping carts.

-adding your items to your shopping cart, then next page is reviewing your items, then you can delete unwanted items, add new items, again, review them, then get the total and then sent to a secure web page to pay by secure means!
BLAH BLAH BLAH....... just lost an hour to buy 3 items! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO time consuming IMO.

I like the adding the strikes next to the bid history page.....

blocking the IP address is not fair, where as these days, there are many users of one computor, or many users logged on via the one internet source. Even in my home, we all have wireless laptops, fones, and the (main computor) at times, 5 of us could be logged into ebay at the one time. 🙂
I also like the 3 x 3 strikes and your out idea.

I dont have any real fix-it-ideas..... sorry Kazbar 🙂

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 71 of 82
Latest reply

Couldn't care less about feedback really. Its the $$$ in the account that I care about...But yes, if everyone left feedback for me I would have double on what I have.

Message 72 of 82
Latest reply

As far as feedback goes, I don't think it's finished. It may just be a slow week. Also, eBay does state that buyers generally leave feedback two to four weeks after a transaction and this does hold true in alot of cases. As a seller, DSRs are very important to me and something that reminds me to keep trying to be accurate in the listings and offer a good service.

As far as blocks, I think the system should be more steamlined to allow both parties to mutually agree to cancel. If a seller offers a Mutual Cancellation and the buyer turns them down, they should be allowed to open a UPI in the appropriate timeframe. There needs to be a transparency where sellers who have a non-payer can rest assured they will get their fees back no matter what. If buyers were told that the seller actually can be out $10 or more because they didn't pay, they might start agreeing to the cancellation requests. A UPI is too harsh of a route to go. Sellers need a nicer (but 100% reliable) way of getting their fees back.

Message 73 of 82
Latest reply

Best comment I have read on this place-you are 100% right. Anyone can buy cheap mass produced stuff from China anywhere anytime-a 50 yeard old piece of cultural history...well that is another matter entirely. Sad cheap tat now on here..

Message 74 of 82
Latest reply

LOLOLOLOL Not dead thread in my books ..........  Scored some "fresh" kudos ....

Message 75 of 82
Latest reply

Totally agree with you. Most people cannot be bothered to leave feedback anyway, unless they wish to be rude! It's totally fake anyway. 'I 'll say nice things about you if you say nice things about me!' Scrap it!

Message 76 of 82
Latest reply

I propose a system similar to the education system 50 years ago. 

Ebay could have a virtual corner where a sellers ID could be stared at by everyone if the seller has misbehaved.  They could also be made to type out lines 100 times over, eg:  I will not use bubble wrapping that is already popped to wrap breakables.

Keyboards could be wired to give quick, sharp knuckle shocks to anyone who was rude (buyer and seller alike), like a rap with a ruler. 

Members could throw spitballs at people they didn't like, or just to distract others while they put in the final bid.  

Message 77 of 82
Latest reply

I wasn't even a thought in my parent's head 50 years ago, far less in school!

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 78 of 82
Latest reply

@pinktoedannie wrote:

I propose a system similar to the education system 50 years ago. 

Ebay could have a virtual corner where a sellers ID could be stared at by everyone if the seller has misbehaved.  They could also be made to type out lines 100 times over, eg:  I will not use bubble wrapping that is already popped to wrap breakables.

Keyboards could be wired to give quick, sharp knuckle shocks to anyone who was rude (buyer and seller alike), like a rap with a ruler. 

Members could throw spitballs at people they didn't like, or just to distract others while they put in the final bid.  

Mmmmm ......... lol ?? ................ thread continues to elicit some interesting comment .......

happy-smiley38.gif

Message 79 of 82
Latest reply

I was not alive back then either but have a fair idea of what it was like from hearsay. 

I feel Ebay treats members a bit like schoolkids were treated back then.  Like little scallywags with no mind of their own. 

On one hand babying buyers, on the other hand slapping down sellers .. changing the rules desperately everytime they think it's running out of control - or based on surveys that only the complainers bother to fill in ... effectively punishing people who have done no wrong based on the few who abuse the system. 

Message 80 of 82
Latest reply