is this a con?

buyer buys my item, i send it to his PO Box.

with tracking.

it was showing it was delivered to his PO Box at 6:59am today awaiting collection.

i presume that means the box being too big for his PO Box it was carded for pickup inside the PO.

now the guy is claiming he didnt collect it, someone else must have.!!!

how do i handle this?

Message 1 of 45
Latest reply
44 REPLIES 44

Re: is this a con?

@book-of-hezekiah wrote:

There was a story a while ago of a person who put in a heap of complaints of Item Not Received. The investigation showed the PO lady (at the tiddly town) knew the recipient and so was just handing the parcels over with no signature collected as had been done for everyone since the dawn of time.

The recipient was out and out a thief but the PO lady got in trouble for not following procedure and collecting signatures, which meant there was no proof the buyer had actually received the parcels. The PO lady's word was not enough. From then on everything was by the book for everyone. I can't remember what happened to the recipient, though.

this i can believe as i often was able to collect mail from my box if i had forgotten my key by just going inside the shop that was a shop/PO combined in a small town. you could buy petrol, basic supplies and get mail (or have a PO Box)

just go up to the counter and say forgot my key can i have my mail please. no problems.

i think its best i go see my post office guy tomorrow and request an official investigation.

Message 21 of 45
Latest reply

@jellybirddesigns wrote:

Your buyers message makes zero sense. 

It can be interpreted in a number of different ways.

At first glance I understood it to mean that he picked up the parcel, left it in a shopping center (by accident) and somebody else took it?

oh, i hadnt thought of it that way at all, that does work.

not my problem if thats what happened.

Message 22 of 45
Latest reply

That's certainly the way I read it, too.

Lets you off the hook if that's what happened, surely.
Message 23 of 45
Latest reply

@davidc4430 wrote:

his message

hello ,pick up parcel ,but have left it in a shopping center ,somebody ,took the box ,so are they numbered in any way

I read that as they picked up the parcel but then left it in a shopping centre (when they were shopping) and someone took it.  Then they're asking is their numbering on it.  I don't know what they'd expect to do with the numbering because if someone else has it there's no way of finding out who.  Maybe they're asking is the item numbered, like a serial number or something.

That's how I'd read it and I'd just say that there's no way to track it after they've picked it up, or something similar.

Message 24 of 45
Latest reply

i have messaged the buyer for clarification.

now i re read the message the 'he picked it up and THEN left it somewhere in a shopping center' makes sense.

i really hope thats the answer to his message.

Message 25 of 45
Latest reply

@davidc4430 wrote:

his message

hello ,pick up parcel ,but have left it in a shopping center ,somebody ,took the box ,so are they numbered in any way

Thats a strange message, Dave.   To me it reads that He collected the parcel from the PO, has put it down for some reason in

a shopping center and someone else has walked off with it.  Anyone else read it that way.

Message 26 of 45
Latest reply

@brerrabbit585 wrote:

@davidc4430 wrote:

his message

I read that as they picked up the parcel but then left it in a shopping centre (when they were shopping) and someone took it.  Then they're asking is their numbering on it.  I don't know what they'd expect to do with the numbering because if someone else has it there's no way of finding out who.  Maybe they're asking is the item numbered, like a serial number or something.

That's how I'd read it and I'd just say that there's no way to track it after they've picked it up, or something similar.

the item is a collectable slot car set and they do indeed have a card inside the box with a serial number but in order to read that number i would have to open the box/packaging to see it. making the item no longer new in sealed box. thus devaluing it completely.

Message 27 of 45
Latest reply

Exactly how I read it

Message 28 of 45
Latest reply

ok, ive just got a reply from the buyer. he confirms he picked up the parcel from the post office and whilst shopping put it down somewhere and someone nicked it.

hes talked to shopping center staff and it should be on CCTV but he cant access that unless police are involved.

if it was me id be calling police in asap!

Message 29 of 45
Latest reply

So would I

Assuming he is on the level of course

Message 30 of 45
Latest reply