is yahoo.con a valid email address extension?

Community Member

Hi a buyer has their email address coming up with the extension of yahoo.con instead of yahoo.com?   Bit concerned as this is a first time buyer?

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: is yahoo.con a valid email address extension?

If you've sent a cancellation request, don't hold your breath for them to accept it. You'll probably have to wait 10 days until you can close it yourself before you can relist the item.

Still screams scam. I'm not surprised you came back and said they couldn't pay. One has to wonder why they places 6 bids if they couldn't afford to pay for it. 

You could try contacting the underbidder and let them know what's happened. If they still want it, you can offer them a second chance listing once the cancellation has gone through.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

To set buyer requirements go to Site map ( bottom of every page ) , My ebay in middle column of map, My account, Site preferences ( third from bottom of list ) , Buyer requirements, Edit.

Once here you can set blocks for buyers with less than a certian number of feedbacks who have not gone through the full ebay account verification process ( the potential scammers ) . You can also set blocks for buyers with non payment strikes etc.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Anyone apart from the seller can click on your bid history, then click on the bidder. It brings up their stats of how many bids they've had in the last month, how many sellers they've bid on and what the percentage of bids are with you. It also tells you how many bid retractions. We can't see who the bidder is by their username and can only see the category they have placed bids on (apart from yours), not the actual items.

If you want to see what your bidders are up to, log out and then go to one of your listings that has bids. The first photo is what everyone but you can see if we click on the bidding history of your item. The second photo is what comes up when you click on the bidder. It can be a useful way to check for shill bidders on suspect sellers. You will get those 2 screens if you are logged out when you check.

bid history.jpg

bid history details.jpg

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

so message them, it's easy to make a mistake between a N and M on a keyboard
Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

es1989
Community Member
Probably a mistake. Or a clue to dodgy dealings?
Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

If it's the ipod, I'd be very cautious.....and even a bit suspicious. They have one feedback and have bid on several other MP3 players, totalling 29 bids. Does it say where they are from in the order details, or in the 'sold' email that eBay automatically sent?

Ipods, like iphones and game consoles are a target for scammers, hence why I said I would be a bit suspcious. I could be completely off track and it could just be an innocent typo.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

buyer says cant pay for item, going through cancel process.   No reponse yet.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

If you've sent a cancellation request, don't hold your breath for them to accept it. You'll probably have to wait 10 days until you can close it yourself before you can relist the item.

Still screams scam. I'm not surprised you came back and said they couldn't pay. One has to wonder why they places 6 bids if they couldn't afford to pay for it. 

You could try contacting the underbidder and let them know what's happened. If they still want it, you can offer them a second chance listing once the cancellation has gone through.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

thanks, I've reported them, requested cancellation, will contact the second bidder, will have to research blocking (0) buyers, they had (0) when they were bidding on my ipod.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

To set buyer requirements go to Site map ( bottom of every page ) , My ebay in middle column of map, My account, Site preferences ( third from bottom of list ) , Buyer requirements, Edit.

Once here you can set blocks for buyers with less than a certian number of feedbacks who have not gone through the full ebay account verification process ( the potential scammers ) . You can also set blocks for buyers with non payment strikes etc.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

How can you tell how many other bids a buyer has made on other items?

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Anyone apart from the seller can click on your bid history, then click on the bidder. It brings up their stats of how many bids they've had in the last month, how many sellers they've bid on and what the percentage of bids are with you. It also tells you how many bid retractions. We can't see who the bidder is by their username and can only see the category they have placed bids on (apart from yours), not the actual items.

If you want to see what your bidders are up to, log out and then go to one of your listings that has bids. The first photo is what everyone but you can see if we click on the bidding history of your item. The second photo is what comes up when you click on the bidder. It can be a useful way to check for shill bidders on suspect sellers. You will get those 2 screens if you are logged out when you check.

bid history.jpg

bid history details.jpg

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply