just bought an ebay store and only my old account is showing to viewers

so basically i made my store great and nice made a banner and logo and when i checked if a viewer could see my store....nope only my old store as pictured "nickydgames" and not my new store NickyDgames which is linked to my old account and i can go to that when logged in. Please help and please try and check if you can see my new store too otherwise the monthly payment is not worth it.

Regards Nick Diquattro

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: just bought an ebay store and only my old account is showing to viewers

The listing you created today has a link to your store but the previous listings don't. That confirms what I said earlier about listings not showing it unless they were created after you opened the store. If any of your listings are GTC they'll most likely show the link after they roll over (30 days after they started).
Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

What others have said is probably correct, live listings are pretty static so existing listings wont update until they rollover to a new 30 days.

First I would try editing all my listings. This might trigger them to update and add the store link.

If that doesn't work, I would make sure I have waited at least 48 hours since opening a store, it may just happen on it's own. After that I would just end all the listings I can and re-list them. For listings that I don't want to or cant end, like auctions, or if they have sales histories, I would just add the link like you mentioned. Although I'm not sure if you can edit auctions with bids.

Regular html tags are supported, so the links can be clickable.

Having said all that, honestly, I'm not convinced that the store page generates that much business, the main reason to open a store is for the included listings. That doesn't mean I neglect my store and just do listings. Even 1 extra sale in 100 is still an extra sale.

Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

I rarely, if ever, look inside someone's store. If I am looking at a listing of a store owner, I will choose to see all the listings, rather than visit the store. Therefore, I can't help you with that side of things.

As for your auctions, it looks like most of them are going to sell this time around. For those that don't, and run out of auto relists, it will cost you to relist them as auctions with a store. Only collectables are exempt from a listing fee for store holders. If some of your items are better listed as auctions, I'd be inclined to create another account, to use as an auction account. Buy a few $1 items from China with free post to get a few feedback and then list your auctions there.

I don't have a store on any of my accounts, but I do know that some items sell better as an auction, so something for you to consider.

Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

Wow this auction thing is an eye opener for sure! Yeah $3.30 per auction insertion so I definitely will consider having 2 accounts and using one for auctions, thankyou everyone ๐Ÿ™‚
Message 14 of 14
Latest reply