latest new from Aus Post - starts Jan 2016?

44 REPLIES 44

Re: latest new from Aus Post - starts Jan 2016?

@everard6920 wrote:

That makes sense (re: the 250g - 500g bracket). However, I really hope you're wrong, because I send parcels in that bracket all the time and having them go at the cheapest parcel rate ($7.15) would kill off  business.

The next round of Aus Post price increases have been announced, and there's still some hope yet (for the 250-500g letter, I mean).

It lists the post-January prices for large letters (metered mail) and all three weight categories are remaining for that, so I would think-hope they will remain available to all. 

There are some increases coming in October, and then again in January - pre-paid letter envelopes will rise in October and January, so anyone planning to stock up might want to start now.... 

http://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/pricing-updates.html

Message 41 of 45
Latest reply

Thanks. Will stock up again on prepaid C5s.

Message 42 of 45
Latest reply

Might need to visit several post offices to stock up on c5 pre-paids.  I cleaned out the last 90 from my local post office today and was told they have flown out the door today - looks like a lot of sellers thinking the same.

Message 43 of 45
Latest reply

You can ask your post office to order them in before the price rise.  My post office automatically asks me how many I want to order when they know a price rise is coming up.

Joe, AP haven't lost out if someone is using prepaid envelopes they bought ten or fifteen years ago.  They've had the use of the money all that time but not had to provide the service.  It's the same as me selling a service to someone and collecting the money now but not doing the work until ten years' time.  Just let's say I do lawnmowing for people and someone prepays me ten years ahead - I get to use the money in the meantime, by either paying off my mortgage and reducing my interest or by using the money to upgrade my lawnmower so that when I do finally mow their lawn I can do it in half the time than if I did it when they paid.  AP benefits by people paying before they use the service so they can hardly hang onto and use your money all that time and then ask for more when you finally get around to using the service you paid for.

I send a few letters that weigh between 251g and 500g but most of them are registered so I'll be using the prepaid reg'd envelopes once I've used up my box of stickers.  They'd better not do away with this size letter because I'd have no use for my remaining rego stickers, but I can't see them doing away with this weight range/size if they're still offering prepaid reg'd envelopes in it.

Message 44 of 45
Latest reply

I've tried to start a new thread on this but I can't see any sign of it so I'll post it here.  If anyone else can get a new thread to show, feel free, because I think this is important enough that it should be seen.

http://pages.email.auspost.com.au/expresspost1kg/

AP is having a special on 1kg express parcels for all of September, for a price of $12.50.  Read the conditions but you can use click & send or post over the counter, I believe (can't be bothered reading it again).

Message 45 of 45
Latest reply