more paypal BS

Hi again,

We just checked our paypal acct. to get the address for something just sold and we got a new msg at the top reading                 The funds you receive from eBay sales may not be available for up to 21 days. This could be because you are still yet to meet eBay's selling and PayPal's risk standards. If the buyer reports an issue, the funds may be held for longer. However, in some cases your funds can be available sooner.                 What the  hell is THIS new BS. Checked the last sale and it said funds available 10/Dec??  Both accounts are 100% and there has never been a return or refund or for that matter ANY problem in 2 1/2 years. Now they are going to start holding peoples money for 3 weeks for nothing? Is anyone else having this issue with paypal?                      

Message 1 of 49
Latest reply
48 REPLIES 48

Re: more paypal BS

This is not a difficult problem to fix. All you do is don't send anything until the payment is tranferred into your bank account. Buyers complaining will change the policy. Until the funds are usuable from a sale, the funds are not cleared funds in finacial terms so if a buyer has to wait 21 days for their item to be sent, so be it!

Message 31 of 49
Latest reply

@harvdere wrote:

This is not a difficult problem to fix. All you do is don't send anything until the payment is tranferred into your bank account. Buyers complaining will change the policy. Until the funds are usuable from a sale, the funds are not cleared funds in finacial terms so if a buyer has to wait 21 days for their item to be sent, so be it!

All that will do is get sellers defected straight off eBay. A buyer will very quickly neg you and trash your stars if you wait 21 days to post. Not to mention opening an item not received case. As this is only happening to new buyers, their eBay career will be very short lived.

Buyers won't complain to eBay, they will take it out on their seller and rightly so. As a buyer, I'd be pretty darn pished if a seller waited 21 days to post when they have a handling time of 1-3 days. if I seller waited 21 days to post, they'd be digging themselves a very deep grave.

Totally ridiculous advice, sorry.

Message 32 of 49
Latest reply

Please recommend a good alternative we can try. Im sick and tired of eBay and Paypal myself its just that theres nowhere to go. Are there any better patment alternative like postal money orders, bank deposits etc. I have checked the Paypal rivals like Paymate etc. They all seem to have that money back policy for consumers. Consumer-scammers are growing in numbers. It is the sellers now that are being abused.

Message 33 of 49
Latest reply

unsettling times we are in. eBay/Paypal meant well when they applied those consumer protection measures. But it fueled the increase in numbers of buyer-scammers. Those who will claim they didnt get the item even if they did just to get a refund or a second copy for free. Some items we try to send thru regular post and no tracking number to reduce postage cost and make the item cheaper for the buyer. And eBay/Paypal allows this to happen because they cant be bothered looking deply into each case. Time for a new company to pop-up and kick ebay and paypal out of their pedestal.

Message 34 of 49
Latest reply

Am starting to use the Tender Centre as saves a lot of assing about, am sure these sorts of places will spring up everyewhere once ebay bites the dust in the next few months, in the meanwhile gumtree is okay but they have made the search engine stupid there so it is barely effective, most people have had a gutful of ebay so you are not alone.

ebay has been busy making sure we have no alternatives and has friends in high places to make it so.

http://www.onlinemarketexperts.com/blog/ome-news-tips/carsales-com-au-expansion-blocked-by-accc/

Message 35 of 49
Latest reply

I truly wish there WERE alternatives..... I used to use Sold.com.au years ago, Yahoo bought that and then Ebay bought Yahoo.

I used stuff.com.au and then Oztion, but all have been bought out or run out by Ebay.  Etsy is just not viable for us.

I wish it were as simple as holding the items until the funds have cleared, but agree that it would do nothing but ruin our own reputations.  It's just utter rubbish.  I have already received positive feedback on most of the items for which the funds are STILL being held in Paypal.

Message 36 of 49
Latest reply

Yes very upset may just close all accounts ive got got honest feed backs

again they are forcing us to look else where to sell

Message 37 of 49
Latest reply

I put a tracking number still the same 21 day threat??
Message 38 of 49
Latest reply

Sorry, logging into Paypal does not work, as I have my payments scheduled at 21 days - my payments have always been scheduled & the seller was paid immediately.  

But in saying that, evidently the seller has been paid as he has initiated postage, posted at Toowong & is at the Underwood Qld sorting centre.  It will be interesting to see how long it takes to get to rural Victoria.

Below is a sample of the notification email I receive from Paypal with refence to the scheduled payment:

"You purchased an item from (Name of seller) for (dollar amount) and chose to pay after delivery. It may take a few moments for this transaction to appear in your PayPal account.

What's next?

• We'll withdraw (dollar amount) from your bank account (bank & account stated here) on 13 Dec 2014. Don't worry, we'll email you a reminder before we withdraw the funds.
  • If you've changed your mind and would like to pay now, just log in to PayPal at www.paypal.com.au and select your transaction.
  • If you report a problem in PayPal's Resolution Centre before 13 Dec 2014, we won't withdraw the funds from your bank account if the dispute is resolved in your favour.After 13 Dec 2014, you can still report a problem. With PayPal's Buyer Protection, you have 180 days from the date of the transaction to open a dispute. If we find in your favour, you'll be refunded."

Message 39 of 49
Latest reply

All that will do is get sellers defected straight off eBay. A buyer will very quickly neg you and trash your stars if you wait 21 days to post. Not to mention opening an item not received case. As this is only happening to new buyers, their eBay career will be very short lived.

Buyers won't complain to eBay, they will take it out on their seller and rightly so. As a buyer, I'd be pretty darn pished if a seller waited 21 days to post when they have a handling time of 1-3 days. if I seller waited 21 days to post, they'd be digging themselves a very deep grave.

Wrong attitude sorry.......sales contract says will post within 2 days of cleared payment, a 21 hold isn;t a cleared payment in any form of financial defintion whatsoever. How do you think that would go in court with someone claiming breach of contract for not posting when PayPal haven't cleared the sellers funds for unlimited trading.

Buyers need to get on board with this stupid stuff and help make it a better place.

Message 40 of 49
Latest reply