more paypal BS

Hi again,

We just checked our paypal acct. to get the address for something just sold and we got a new msg at the top reading                 The funds you receive from eBay sales may not be available for up to 21 days. This could be because you are still yet to meet eBay's selling and PayPal's risk standards. If the buyer reports an issue, the funds may be held for longer. However, in some cases your funds can be available sooner.                 What the  hell is THIS new BS. Checked the last sale and it said funds available 10/Dec??  Both accounts are 100% and there has never been a return or refund or for that matter ANY problem in 2 1/2 years. Now they are going to start holding peoples money for 3 weeks for nothing? Is anyone else having this issue with paypal?                      

Message 1 of 49
Latest reply
48 REPLIES 48

more paypal BS

@redneck2013au wrote:

Hi again,

We just checked our paypal acct. to get the address for something just sold and we got a new msg at the top reading                 The funds you receive from eBay sales may not be available for up to 21 days. This could be because you are still yet to meet eBay's selling and PayPal's risk standards. If the buyer reports an issue, the funds may be held for longer. However, in some cases your funds can be available sooner.                 What the  hell is THIS new BS. Checked the last sale and it said funds available 10/Dec??  Both accounts are 100% and there has never been a return or refund or for that matter ANY problem in 2 1/2 years. Now they are going to start holding peoples money for 3 weeks for nothing? Is anyone else having this issue with paypal?                      

Thats another good reason i have stopped selling on ebay.

Does this company want any sellers AT ALL?

I honesty cant see ebay continue in the future when they come up with such harsh policies as we seen this year.

Such BS...

Message 21 of 49
Latest reply

more paypal BS

@i-love-my-sheep wrote:

Does anyone know how much PayPal has to pay if the Ombudsman is called? My mate had no luck when he called them. He even resorted to telling them that he would be putting in a report with the Ombudsman and they said "if that's what you feel you need to do, then that's what you should do". I'd love to know how much PayPal has to pay when that happens.

Maybe if they get fined enough times they might reconsider this stupid rule for established, long term sellers who happen to start a new account.

I think I will make a call.  Nothing ventured, nothing gained eh Sheep?

Message 22 of 49
Latest reply

more paypal BS

BUT.... which of them do I talk to the Ombudsman about? Paypal say that it's Ebay who's put the hold on the funds, not them...

Message 23 of 49
Latest reply

more paypal BS

Yes this is happening to us as well.

But so far its only on the newest auction ID we have started up. Its been a bit slow to get going.

So its not really bothering us too much while it stays this way.

Message 24 of 49
Latest reply

more paypal BS

Well, I can say right now that if this is the way of the future, and that if they bring this in for ALL sellers and ALL transactions without tracking, I am 100% out.

Many, many sellers post using large letters, as it is not cost effective to send cheaper items at parcel rate. Large letters = no tracking.

Once again, eBay fails to take into account the differences between Australia (and our postal service) and that of the US/other countries.

I mean . . . large letters have never been an option for calculated postage, which in and of itself is ridiculous, seeing as so many sellers use them.

Message 25 of 49
Latest reply

more paypal BS

I have the same issues eBay and/or PayPal being a bunch of hard asses on policies and senseless tracking numbers should not be compulsory unless the buyer needs and request it. Well then maybe I should just think twice before thinking of putting my hard earned money into purchasing a eBay store if more bs new forced policy like this comes outta eBay.
Message 26 of 49
Latest reply

more paypal BS

With all the e-cheques going down at the moment (mentioned in another thread), the chargebacks that have increased (another thread) and the new 21days delay in getting funds out of Paypal, I think Paypal are using our money to increase their profits...Seems to have started about the time they split with Ebay....just saying!

Message 27 of 49
Latest reply

more paypal BS

Is it just happening to eBay customers or is it happening on other websites?

I purchased an item from another website (not an auction type site).  On their receipt they said they would send a tracking number when posted.  

Well, it's been 4 days & no email to tell me the tracking number, I'm just wondering if Paypal is going to hold their money till they prove postage?

Message 28 of 49
Latest reply

more paypal BS

mAKE THE BUYER WAIT UNTIL BULL**bleep** PAYPAL FUNDS THEY SENT YOU ARE CLEAREDTCH THE BUYERS GO OFF THERE BRAIN THEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 29 of 49
Latest reply

more paypal BS

I honestly don't know. I think you'd have to log on to Paypal and check to see if the funds have been cleared or not.

If they haven't, I'd be pretty bloody upset about it and would probably complain to the FOS just to stick it up them.
Message 30 of 49
Latest reply