more paypal BS

Hi again,

We just checked our paypal acct. to get the address for something just sold and we got a new msg at the top reading                 The funds you receive from eBay sales may not be available for up to 21 days. This could be because you are still yet to meet eBay's selling and PayPal's risk standards. If the buyer reports an issue, the funds may be held for longer. However, in some cases your funds can be available sooner.                 What the  hell is THIS new BS. Checked the last sale and it said funds available 10/Dec??  Both accounts are 100% and there has never been a return or refund or for that matter ANY problem in 2 1/2 years. Now they are going to start holding peoples money for 3 weeks for nothing? Is anyone else having this issue with paypal?                      

Message 1 of 49
Latest reply
48 REPLIES 48

Re: more paypal BS

Basically Paypal has become one big scam. If you can imagine the millins they are holding in frozen accounts worldwide, plain and simple racketeering.
Message 41 of 49
Latest reply

You're free to hold off posting for 21 days, but don't come here complaining when you keep getting negs and defects from disgrunlted buyers. According to their PayPal, they have paid, so if you take 21 days to post, you aren't going to be real popular!

Message 42 of 49
Latest reply

Gotta love it..an email from EBay this morning.          The more we sell, the more $$ then can hold. Don't get me wrong..it's great to have someone see your trying your best but they are already holding payment for 4-5 items at present with another 4 finishing today and plenty more over the next week.  Gotta love it lol.

Hi 

Congratulations You've been doing a great job selling on eBay, and we've noticed. How would you like to list even more? Now you can.

Here's how much you can now list every month:

User ID: 

Items: 100 eBay Right Arrow 190

Amount: AU $7,500.00     

Message 43 of 49
Latest reply

This is B.S. I have the same problem, funds from every order are being held, yet I'm selling one single product that is always delivered through Australia Post and every order automatically gets a tracking number assigned to it and I have a 100% rating.

So why are my funds being held? As far as I can see I meet all of the requirments and apart from eBay fees going up they want to scam a month's worth of interest from us all. Shame eBay!!!

Message 44 of 49
Latest reply

Now that you know about Paypals fund hold (it has been in place for quite a while now and when you are a regular and good seller it will end) you can work with it. It is in place to stop bad sellers from ripping off both buyers and Paypal.

You know you will get your money in 21 days but if you are so short of money that you can't wait that long then selling on Ebay may not be the right thing for you.

If you can show that your product has been delivered with a tracking number and feedback all you have to do is call Ebay and they will let the payment through early.

Latest reply

Message 46 of 49
Latest reply

@atmosphereaerosolmyartroom wrote:

This is B.S. I have the same problem, funds from every order are being held, yet I'm selling one single product that is always delivered through Australia Post and every order automatically gets a tracking number assigned to it and I have a 100% rating.

So why are my funds being held? As far as I can see I meet all of the requirments and apart from eBay fees going up they want to scam a month's worth of interest from us all. Shame eBay!!!

Ok, so here's what you should do but understand that eBay is infested with scammers so a hold at outset is somewhat understandable:

1. Set up a business account with PayPal by quoting your abn.

(that will give you a bit of legitimacy)

2. Build up a bit of a sales record for your product if possible to wait.

(I see you've only had 1 sale so far but if you've done step 1 you should be better regarded).

3. Contact PayPal and suggest that if they don't release your funds you will lodge a complaint with the FOS:

(Financial Industry Ombudsman)

4. If all else fails lodge a complaint with the FOS

(you probably won't need to as PP usually cave at step 3)

In all dealings with PP be polite but firm ie businesslike.

Another matter that needs your attention is your website address appears in your listing.

eBay will view this as an attempt to sell off-site and your career here could prove very short lived.

Message 47 of 49
Latest reply

@atmosphereaerosolmyartroom wrote:

Ebay fees going up has nothing to do with paypal. They are seperate companies. Ebay does not gain one cent from paypals policy of holding funds for 21 days from new account holders as it divested paypal from its portfolio a couple of years ago and no longer owns the company.

The paypal 21 day money hold decision was made to assist in preventing scammers from setting up new accounts, selling expensive items and running with the money, but not delivering the product. Personally I support any policy which helps to prevent scammers from operating on the site, as buyer confidence ( and sales ) affects every seller.

Message 48 of 49
Latest reply

The sad thing is, the scammers either hijack a suitable account, or sell enough small items so they are no longer subject to the hold. So, it's not really stopping them. It does keep the others honest though.

Whoever suggested that PayPal will cave with the threat of the FOS, it won't work with a new seller. It's even hard for an established seller with a new account. I was one that had to open a case with FOS and that then covered any new accounts. If I hadn't had my main account, I would have had to wait the time. The hold would not have been lifted. 

If new sellers upload the tracking number into PayPal as well as eBay, the funds usually automatically release 3 days after the tracking shows as delivered. If they don't, a call to PAYPAL (not eBay as stated above) will see them release them while on the phone. Have the tracking number handy as they will ask for the number.

Message 49 of 49
Latest reply