mothballs!!

Hi all had a great day yesterday not. buyer bids on a total of 26 items over a week or so commenting on postage at every opportunity sent 5 parcels in total  last one at my expense! Then low & behold buyer requests a return of 22 items because they have been kept in a room with mothballs? Her words? what  the!! how does one prove otherwise now add a smell to description if there is one?How does 22 returns effect my ratings added note the buyer did choose to keep some items so beware of a new excuse.

Message 1 of 33
Latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

mothballs!!

Some people are very allergic to mothballs or any other chemicals so if you DO use them it would pay to say so.
Message 11 of 33
Latest reply

mothballs!!

@brerrabbit585 wrote:
Some people are very allergic to mothballs or any other chemicals so if you DO use them it would pay to say so.

That's perfectly true & if I were storing clothes I would probably get some of those other supermarket products you can use now.

They aren't quite as strong smelling as mothballs.

But this particular customer can't be allergic as she kept 4 of the items. I'm betting she just changed her mind or had overspent.

Each piece of clothing may be quite a reasonable price but once you buy 26 at the same time, you could easily be up for $200-$300, which for some people might be too much all at once.

Some people should think before they press buy.

Message 12 of 33
Latest reply

mothballs!!

???? no mothballs ever involed !!!!!!!!! this is the point of the  post as to worn others of  mothballs!!!!! hard to confince ebay of a smell  Buys 26 items but buyer chose to keep a couple or two !!

Message 13 of 33
Latest reply

mothballs!!

I assumed you didn't use them because of one bit of what you said, but I was answering the others as much as you.
Message 14 of 33
Latest reply

mothballs!!

Just reading this thread is making me sneeze-can't stand the smell of mothballs.

Message 15 of 33
Latest reply

mothballs!!

Is it even easy to buy mothballs these days? I haven't looked but don't recall seeing them in years.

I would have thought they went out of fashion a bit because of the danger if eaten by kids & other products have replaced them, on the whole.

Message 16 of 33
Latest reply

mothballs!!

now add a smell to description if there is one

Umm, yes. I used to smoke. I advised prospective buyers of same in my descriptions. I still do, I think, on a few older listings.

Message 17 of 33
Latest reply

mothballs!!

Hi I did respond to the buyer the same info as toxic so would never use & now I add to my descriptions no pets no mothballs ! people must think I'm wierd haha!!

Message 18 of 33
Latest reply

mothballs!!

Any chance the buyer fell victim to auto-correct?

Message 19 of 33
Latest reply

mothballs!!

???????????

image host
Message 20 of 33
Latest reply