mothballs!!

Hi all had a great day yesterday not. buyer bids on a total of 26 items over a week or so commenting on postage at every opportunity sent 5 parcels in total  last one at my expense! Then low & behold buyer requests a return of 22 items because they have been kept in a room with mothballs? Her words? what  the!! how does one prove otherwise now add a smell to description if there is one?How does 22 returns effect my ratings added note the buyer did choose to keep some items so beware of a new excuse.

Message 1 of 33
Latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

mothballs!!

@shiver_me_shrimp wrote:

Any chance the buyer fell victim to auto-correct?

Wot?    Smelled of meatballs?

Message 21 of 33
Latest reply

mothballs!!

Ahhhh, autocorrect, the excuse for everything wrong in the world. Stuffed up? Must have been autocorrect. Put your foot in it? Blame autocorrect. Never used it. I learned how to spell as a small child. Still, I can use it as an excuse if I stuff something up. Why not, everyone else does.

Message 22 of 33
Latest reply

mothballs!!

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

Ahhhh, autocorrect, the excuse for everything wrong in the world. Stuffed up? Must have been autocorrect. Put your foot in it? Blame autocorrect. Never used it. I learned how to spell as a small child. Still, I can use it as an excuse if I stuff something up. Why not, everyone else does.

Those who don't admit they are human, at least.

Message 23 of 33
Latest reply

mothballs!!

@springyzone wrote:

Is it even easy to buy mothballs these days? I haven't looked but don't recall seeing them in years.

I would have thought they went out of fashion a bit because of the danger if eaten by kids & other products have replaced them, on the whole.

Yes, still easy enough to get them.  I would never use them but I've seen them from time to time.  I always keep a few cedar balls in each cupboard.  A friend told me she got rid of silverfish by mixing a paste of borax and flour and spreading it between two sheets of brown paper.

Message 24 of 33
Latest reply

mothballs!!

Re mothballs:  I know the OP said they don't use them, but, some clothing

sellers do.

They pick their clothes from charity shops and they smell musty and dusty.

And then they don't launder them.   That's where the mothballs smell comes into play.

Woolies sold mothballs last time I was in there.  I did a search of Woolies on-line

and for 'mothballs'  it gave me everything with 'meatballs'

If I had a mothball in one hand and a mothball in the other hand....

would I have a very large moth?    outtahere.gif

Message 25 of 33
Latest reply

mothballs!!

Image result for moth ball meme

Message 26 of 33
Latest reply

mothballs!!

oh-hello-smiley-emoticon.gifHi David.   

Message 27 of 33
Latest reply

mothballs!!

Image result for waving memes

Message 28 of 33
Latest reply

mothballs!!

2 in 1 hey David you've shown a moth with balls and flaps so it's both male and female then Woman Embarassed

Message 29 of 33
Latest reply

mothballs!!

Hello David....good to see you back.   How are Foo and Rosie?

Message 30 of 33
Latest reply