negative comment removal

As a suggestion, good sellers like myself a veteran of over 10 years should have 1 neg feedback credit per month.

Message 1 of 30
Latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Re: negative comment removal

It can be hard to find the details on some sites. Just yesterday I was looking at a range of UGG products online-different brands but all saying UGG. All Australian sheepskin but on some ads, it never said where it was made. And I looked.

On some other ads, it did say made in China.

And with 2 different brands, it said made in Australia.

I am guessing if it is made here, most companies would say. If it doesn't mention where it is made, then probably overseas. But some of the names and some tags on products would definitely make you think Australia at first glance. I was looking in a shop at some products, big tags about Australian sheepskin, some sort of name like koalala and only in tiny writing made in China.

It's sad we have so little made in this country any more.

Message 21 of 30
Latest reply

I just checked my EMU boots - not UGG, but just as nice. Made in Australia, and still made in Australia according to their website. I use them a lot at the moment because they are high, so my legs don't freeze. I bought them a long time ago, but they are still good.

Message 22 of 30
Latest reply

@springyzone wrote:

@folosite wrote:

@

@springyzone wrote:

Feedback is there for a reason, it is supposed to be an independent opinion about a product or seller.

That's not really correct. Feedback has to be only about seller or transaction in general. Cannot be about product or shipping times.
If you read feedback policies it clearly states :

"Keep in mind that Feedback is about your experience with the seller – it's not a review of the product you bought."

For products you can go on product listing and leave a product review. Unfortunately eBay does not enforce it and does not remove feedback that is product related

I would say you too are only partially correct. Technically, I know (have often read) that feedback should only be about the transaction but I think shipping time frames can often legitimately come into the discussion. For example, if a seller didn't bother posting till well outside their advertised time frame, I think a buyer would be entitled to mention that. Postage time frames are of interest to other buyers.

Actually, no, i am correct. That is handling time NOT shipping time, and feedback about that would be feedback about transaction and seller

Message 23 of 30
Latest reply

@sandypebbles wrote:

And that from a person who had to post with their other ID to back up the comments made by their first ID when they failed to get the replies they wanted

Yah

I only have 1 ID, I have no connection with OP

Message 24 of 30
Latest reply

@padi*0409 wrote:

@folosite wrote:

Also, you should read the feedback policies, you might learn a thing or 2

I have read about feedback policies thank you, along with most of eBay's other policies over the years.

Clearly you haven't.

you should not read about feedback policies, you should read the actual policies LOL
I even put a link to the feedback policy that clearly states feedback should be about transaction and NOT a product review, so, clearly you have not read it but you love to argue about it 🙂

Message 25 of 30
Latest reply

@folosite wrote:

you should not read about feedback policies, you should read the actual policies LOL
I even put a link to the feedback policy that clearly states feedback should be about transaction and NOT a product review, so, clearly you have not read it but you love to argue about it 🙂

Sheesh, of course I've read those policies ............... and many others.

Ever heard of the PITA syndrome ?

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 26 of 30
Latest reply

If something you do not like is against a policy, then

contact eBay

Request a supervisor

Point out the breech of policy

Tell them to remove it

Huffing and puffing at other members on a member to member forum is not going to change a thing

eBay might tell you what you want to hear though 

Message 27 of 30
Latest reply

I think this is a bad idea.  The feedback system is not perfect but no way should sellers get 12 get out of jail free cards a year to cancel out negative feedback.

Message 28 of 30
Latest reply

If feedback is unjustified, eBay will remove it. And if a seller really makes a mistake, they can try to work it out with the buyer to have it revised. Just removing it only because a seller is normally a good seller does not seem a great idea. I have seen some of my favourite, really good sellers occasionally cop a neg. Unfortunately, it happens.

Message 29 of 30
Latest reply

Feedback that references delivery timeframe might be relevant for a number of reasons.

• The seller may have misrepresented their location/item location, which means that delivery time may be affected by logistics problems endemic to shipping from the item location. That’s a seller issue.
  • The seller may have used a cheaper and slower postage method that results in a shipping delay not commensurate with the postage method chosen or the postage amount paid. That’s a seller issue.
  • The seller may have listed the item with a description that is misleading. The item may not work as promised, have the specs promised, be made of the materials promised, have the functions promised, be the brand promised, be as durable as promised/implied, be suitable for use in Australia as promised, be of the condition promised. That’s a seller issue.

An example… a DVD doesn’t work properly, is scratched, plays the wrong film (American Psycho instead of Monty Python), hasn’t got English subtitles for the Danish language, etc. Those are perfectly valid things to mention in feedback, whereas “I didn’t like the ending of this film” or “Anniston can’t act her way out of a paper bag” are not.

I’m in two minds about feedback mentioning item quality when buying cheap item from Chinese sellers, as another example. After all, it is completely unrealistic to expect that a $20 set of headphones will give the audio range/quality of a $300 set by Meze. Nonetheless, if the listing leads a buyer to expect quality, range and functions that are not actually provided, and the buyer gives that feedback, it’s a fair cop.

Message 30 of 30
Latest reply