new "return request" is supporting scammers !!

Sold a dress to UK, then buyer opened a "return request" on ebay, says its quality is no good.

You have all seen the dreadful "return request" right? New stuff ebay came up to screw sellers.

We have been selling dresses for years, from what she said we know she's most likely a scammer; 99% of our customs loved our design and the quality.

We were still very polite to her, and finally made a agreement that we will refund half the amount and she can still keep the dress.

Then guess what, before we can issue 50% refund to her, we got a notice says "buyer has contacted ebay support".

And, just ONE mintute later, another notice arrived says "we have made a decision blah blah blah.... close this case at buyer's favor".

She got fully refunded.

Well~~~ I wasn't too **bleep** off to be honest, somehow I saw this one coming.

Before when buyer opens a case, you can find it in resolution centre, you can send message in it, you can add tracking in it, and you can check its status.

Now, this new "Return request", keeps every one in dark, you cannot see any details about the case.

AND, notice this, THEY ONLY TOOK ONE MINUTE TO MAKE DECISION, obviously there was no human interference, our fate is the hand of a dead machine.

When can ebay stop supporting scammers?

Didn't they have a new CEO now? 

I still don't see any changes!! Why are they still screwing sellers, even harder than before??

Go to your purchase history, you can see that ebay is even promoting buyers to return item, by placing the "Return Item" link at the top and highlighted, instead of the "Leave Feedback" link.

I don't understand why....I can't understand why.

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: new "return request" is supporting scammers !!

I would be ringing PayPal and tell them that a refund has been issued automatically and that the item has not been returned. As far as I'm aware, the item has to be returned before the buyer is refunded.

Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

If anyone wants to get a decent idea of what buyers in the UK expect from online sellers, I would suggest taking a good long read of the Distance Selling Regulations - I understand that the decision here doesn't seem fair, but it might at least provide some eye-opening insight. 

Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

News Flash!

ANOTHER SCAMMER.

Open 3 "return requests" on ebay at the same time, reason being " I don't want them any more ".

She has owned those dresses for over a month.

HAHAHAHA........ I think I am about to go crazy.....

HAHAHA... need a psychiatrist soon.

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

@ordervania wrote:

News Flash!

ANOTHER SCAMMER.

Open 3 "return requests" on ebay at the same time, reason being " I don't want them any more ".

This is a change of mind reason (buyer remorse). If you don't offer change of mind returns, or the buyer is outside of your terms for returns (eg past the time allowed, dresses have been worn etc), you do not have to accept these requests.

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

Thanks, I put 14 days return in my listings, now it's way over 14 days.

I will give ebay a call now, hope to GOD that someone sensible will answer the call.

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

I have found Red Wine at Night Sellers Delight......

Helps deaden the pain a little and cheaper than a Psych.

The last two weeks have been hell.

My finger has hovered over end all listings quite a few times this week.

But I am still here ..... I am the Defect Queen .....

crazy.jpg

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

I called, 3 return requests were closed instantly.

They even gave me compensation for the UK case as well, says it was a system mistake.

So, I am happy, for now at least.

Really hope such drama doesn't happen again....

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

thank you so much for sharing what happened in the end - that the 3 return requests were instantly closed. Many sellers are feeling very frightened about what is going on - thank you for giving a glimmer of hope!
Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

Well done.

I am a buyer but even so, I find it outrageous that someone can buy an item of clothing, keep it a month and expect to return it.

Just who do they think they are?

I doubt I could get away with that in many real shops here, and if i tried even for an exchange, they would be checking all tags were attached and the item had not been worn.

It is a totally different situation if an item is faulty of course, but change of mind is just too bad.

I can't see why sellers have to offer a return at all. If you buy on the internet, without trying things on, it is a risk you take.

Message 10 of 17
Latest reply