new "return request" is supporting scammers !!

Sold a dress to UK, then buyer opened a "return request" on ebay, says its quality is no good.

You have all seen the dreadful "return request" right? New stuff ebay came up to screw sellers.

We have been selling dresses for years, from what she said we know she's most likely a scammer; 99% of our customs loved our design and the quality.

We were still very polite to her, and finally made a agreement that we will refund half the amount and she can still keep the dress.

Then guess what, before we can issue 50% refund to her, we got a notice says "buyer has contacted ebay support".

And, just ONE mintute later, another notice arrived says "we have made a decision blah blah blah.... close this case at buyer's favor".

She got fully refunded.

Well~~~ I wasn't too **bleep** off to be honest, somehow I saw this one coming.

Before when buyer opens a case, you can find it in resolution centre, you can send message in it, you can add tracking in it, and you can check its status.

Now, this new "Return request", keeps every one in dark, you cannot see any details about the case.

AND, notice this, THEY ONLY TOOK ONE MINUTE TO MAKE DECISION, obviously there was no human interference, our fate is the hand of a dead machine.

When can ebay stop supporting scammers?

Didn't they have a new CEO now? 

I still don't see any changes!! Why are they still screwing sellers, even harder than before??

Go to your purchase history, you can see that ebay is even promoting buyers to return item, by placing the "Return Item" link at the top and highlighted, instead of the "Leave Feedback" link.

I don't understand why....I can't understand why.

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

@ordervania wrote:

I called, 3 return requests were closed instantly.

They even gave me compensation for the UK case as well, says it was a system mistake.

So, I am happy, for now at least.

Really hope such drama doesn't happen again....

That really is great news. Hopefully it should ease the minds of some of the clothing sellers, who I know are terrified of this very thing happening. I'd say your buyer bought them for an event, wore them and is one of those people who wouldn't be seen dead in the same outfit twice. You have to wonder how many other clothing sellers have given into her demands, not realising that she really doesn't have a leg to stand on.

Shame this thread can't be pinned.

Message 11 of 17
Latest reply

Whilst it can't be pinned, it can certainly be saved and printed at a later date if you wish. Grab yourself the browser add-on called Nimbus Screenshot as it allows you to save entire threads for posterity in one printable or viewable file at a single keystroke. Alternatively you can save just one page or even a selected part of the screen if you prefer. It is without a doubt the most useful and valuable add-on I have ever installed.

Message 12 of 17
Latest reply

If Ebay are going to fully refund her, take it to Pay-pal and ask for a decision to be made, the item has not even been returned to you.If the buyer cannot provide Pay-pal with a tracking number for return of your goods, they may rule in your favour.Your buyer is seriously taking the Micky, they not only have your quality item in hand, but also their  money refunded in full.I might do all my Xmas shopping on ebay this year, sounds like a plan, keep the goods and get my money back, thank you ebay !

I have had to reduce significantly, the amount of items I list on overseas ebay sites the last 6 months.It is just not worth the hassle and grief that these new rules and policys are creating.Could be time for my own web site I think !!

Message 13 of 17
Latest reply

ozsse
Community Member
that's exactly what happened to me today. And yes ebay is trying every way to encourage buyers to return or report a problem no matter how small it is.

http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling/Outrageous-ebat-s-new-return-policy-and-insane-sale-cancella...
Message 14 of 17
Latest reply

Just happened to me. Received an email from ebay saying a buyer wished to return an item SNAD and to contact the buyer to sort it out. Their message also said that the item needed to be returned before a refund would be given.

I was given 4 options to choose from and chose Contact Buyer.

The item was damaged  - I missed it ( a slight tear under the zip) No Excuses!!!- my bad - would have refunded immediately had the buyer contacted me.

I contacted the Buyer saying I was very disappointed that she had contacted ebay before contacting me,  given that she is also a Seller, and should know about the defect system.( I know -  wait before responding.) I shouldn't have written the message  the way I did and apologised for it in a later message.

She was very apologetic (genuine buyer) and didn't know anything about the defect system.

Anyway, when I explained where to find the information she was very apologetic that she had caused me a possible defect and wanted to know how she could get ebay to reverse it. She also said that she would pay the return postage after I said I would reimburse that on receipt of item.

I know - I brought this upon myself!! As if the ebay rules aren't enough.LOL

We will wait and see.

Message 15 of 17
Latest reply

Ugh - I am in a similar situation, I have a buyer who says product is off. I know its not,my guess is she thought it was another product altogether. Anyways. I have a return request and am confused.  On one bit it says wait till you get it sent back - should have had it but perhaps its delayed -who knows. I ask for a tracking number and she has not got one (it was a parcel) The number of emails -right from day one -is unreal -and they are rude -but hay ho I can cope with that .

I just need to know -to wait till I get it back to do a refund ? Or what? and also do I need to refund ? postage etc?

what happens if I dont get it back?

Paypal, I take it they have nothing to do with these disputes anymore? Is it all just done by ebay and are they just going to refund her themselves and I have no say? Just confused as to how it is all done !

What a silly system !

Message 16 of 17
Latest reply

Wait until you get it back before refunding, otherwise if it's not been sent yet, it will never be sent.

Message 17 of 17
Latest reply