no sales

my sales are zero - what is happening

Message 1 of 33
Latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Re: no sales

Would a glass/bottle of wine help, Stawks?

Message 11 of 33
Latest reply

Probably.

Spoiler
 Betty White GIF | Gfycat

I just got my back up over the OP's demanding tone.

No sweet talking, just straight into demanding to know why.

Like.........who knows?

Message 12 of 33
Latest reply

No everyone has your way with words Stawks. Smiley Very Happy

Message 13 of 33
Latest reply

embarrassed.gif

Message 14 of 33
Latest reply

My guess is that people are using up their material stash to make shopping bags etc
Message 15 of 33
Latest reply

yarmak
Community Member

Bronwyn

Add postage....I could never sell anything with free postage. And I aways wonder how much more I would paying with free postage so I steer clear of anyone offering this.

Another thing make your prices higher if you have not deemed them worth much others will think the same

So in a nutshell

Higher prices and add post

I bet you sell more

Dave

Message 16 of 33
Latest reply

One last.... the trick with ebay is the more items you list...the more you sell. Try to list most days even if it is one item

As soon as you stop listing for a few days...I guarantee no sales

Dave

Message 17 of 33
Latest reply

@yarmak wrote:

One last.... the trick with ebay is the more items you list...the more you sell. Try to list most days even if it is one item

As soon as you stop listing for a few days...I guarantee no sales

Dave

I don't agree with that. I do agree listing regularly is good, but I've found I'm selling more when I plod along taking more time preparing for each listing. If I go gung ho with the intention of volume listing, I end up listing low priced **bleep** that doesn't sell anyway. Different for the op given she/he sells fabric.

I think it's more a case of relaxing, lowering our expectations, we can't demand people buy from us. Be gracious or grateful for the sales we do get and try to build on that. Buyers probably bought up a heap of fabric before total lockdown and find they don't need anymore now, that combined with post lockdown freedom that brings with it extra spending (pubs, football etc).

Anyway just my thoughts. Each to their own. What works for some doesn't for others

Message 18 of 33
Latest reply

Haha they bleep out the most mundane words ๐Ÿ˜‚

Message 19 of 33
Latest reply

It's the reverse lock down effect. Folks were stuck inside and eyes fixed to screens during COVID. Now that restrictions are eased buyers are voting with their feet and spending in bricks & mortar stores..
Message 20 of 33
Latest reply