offer to sell without final value fees lasts 10 days. Do I need to sell within 10 or list within 10?

I have just accepted and offer from ebay to sell without final value fees and the offer lasts 10 days. Do I need to sell within 10 days or just list within 10 days?

Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: offer to sell without final value fees lasts 10 days. Do I need to sell within 10 or list within

The one occasion I was offered this promotion it was for any item listed during the promotion period regardless of when it sold.

Message 2 of 23
Latest reply

Re: offer to sell without final value fees lasts 10 days. Do I need to sell within 10 or list within

you need to look at the Terms & Conditions that accompanied the offer email.

Alternatively, go to your selling page and you can click the link near the offer details.  The offer I got today was for maximum $1 final value fees on next ten listings until 3rd June.  It has a learn more link that takes me to the T&Cs.

IMG_0338.JPG

Message 3 of 23
Latest reply

Have you tried listing yet?
I have listed a few and its not showing up on the $1 final value fee promo but is in the free listing promo.

Message 4 of 23
Latest reply

I have received the offer also, and just listed an item.  It took off the "40 free listings" and not the new offer ๐Ÿ˜ž

Message 5 of 23
Latest reply

Same thing for me.
Ive been back and forth with Ebay with no resoultion yet.
My items have qualified but still arent showing on the promo page and dont want to pay final value fee on them.
Was meant to get a call back from the supervisor over an hour ago and still am yet to hear.

Message 6 of 23
Latest reply

The last one I had for no selling fees could be sold after the end date but had to be listed by then. It only said "for items listed by", nothing about when they sold. I put mine on 30 days and some of them sold just before the 30 days ended. If I'd had them on a shorter duration it would have expired long before they sold.

For people where it's coming off the 40, are your listings for multiples, by any chance, and have you checked the terms to see whether multiples are excluded from the offer?
Message 7 of 23
Latest reply

Spent about half hour with ebay customer service last night on the matter.
I have listed 5 things and still showing 10 available still however they assure me that the final value fees will be $1 for my first 10 items i list before the 3rd of june.

I have them listed for 30 days so could be an option for you guys looking to make it go abit further. 

Message 8 of 23
Latest reply

I just spent a fruitless hour on the phone with ebay CS on the same issue. (Coming off my 40 free per month listings not the promo 10) Even the supervisor was very unhelpful & became more than snitty with me because my questions didn't fit her stock answers sheet!

They couldn't seem to understand the wording of the promo meant the next 10 items - & that those should come off first (not from the 40 free as it did for me)

Both she & the first rep acknowledged there was a major glitch with the promotion. I was trying to list 10 higher priced items, as one would to minimise FVF.

I was told to collate a list of the 10 items for the promo & send them a list of the item numbers. Or contact them as each one sold - in order to obtain the $1 FVF offer. Neither rep could guarantee that the $1 promo would apply to my billing without  their suggested "solution". Now my way of thinking is that this takes up both my time & theirs; & whilst I check my bills & fees, not everyone would do so!

Having been alerted to a possible glitch right here on this thread; I took notice from where the first high priced item I listed took its count.  Sure enough the 40 not the 10!  I pulled the listing & am now wondering whether it's all worth the hassle!

All items were to be 10 day auctions with auto relist enabled - negating the offer when relisted with a new item number @ end of cycle if unsold by then. At least that was confirmed by CS. I urge everyone who got the offer to check its status as they list - & request a call from CS on this issue - As they couldn't tell me if or when the glitch would be fixed! 

Message 9 of 23
Latest reply

If it's this one -

http://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/promo/103813

Then this is in the T & C's -

What exclusions apply?

This offer is only available to users who have never sold an item on ebay before.

Users who have previously sold on ebay and ebay store subscribers are not eligible

to participate.

Message 10 of 23
Latest reply