overseas ebay question

lenixyz
Community Member

Hi,

please, can someone tell me how to list on US ebay so that my items show in all the different ebays around the world?

e.g. if I list something, do I do it in US dollars or just AUS dollars and it will automatically convert to whatever the buyer's currency is?

Do I need to have an account in the US?  Or do i just use the AUS one I currently have?

Although I live in Australia, how do I set the postage for worldwide?  Because I'm listing over there, do I make Aus postage international?  I'm a bit confused.  I've tried to do a draft listing to nut it out myself, but it tells me that I have to choose shipping such as USPS or Fed Ex.  I'd rather just use Aust Post for all the shipping.  Help please!  ๐Ÿ™‚  Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: overseas ebay question

Listings on US eBay are automatically in US dollars (this is true for each eBay site - the currency is determined by the site's region), which means if an item sells, payments will be received in USD (so you will need to make sure your PayPal account can accept them). There's also a fee to convert to AUD, so keep that in mind.

You don't need to have an account registered in the US to list on the US (or any other) site, you just need to be signed in to that site. (Also keep in mind that the US site has different policies and a different fee structure than eBay AU). 

By listing on an international site, you have to post to that country by default, because even though the item location is Australia, postage to the US is treated as local, so the domestic postage section is where you specify costs to the US, and the international postage section is where you specify P&H to any other countries you want to post to - you won't be able to select Australia Post, as all the services listed on the US site are US postal services, so you need to select one of the generic options (standard international delivery, I think it's called). 

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Re: overseas ebay question

I thought that you could contact customer support to request that your listings currency appears as your country locaton currency - not US dollars, but read it a while ago, so may have changed the story along the way ........ other posters may know if I am just applying some wishful thinking here .............????? 

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply