postage tracking

Hi, all I have noticed several times nows that tracking is added almost directly after purchase.??, I would prefer it is added when the items are posted not days before. It is becoming a pain while the post is in such a mess. like 3 to 4 weeks for an item to get from NSW to Tasmania and two-plus weeks Victoria to Tasmania..

THOUGHTS, please.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

postage tracking

Some sellers add the tracking when they print out the label. Other sellers who use AusPost satchels might add the tracking because they have the satchels at home and are preparing or have already prepated the parcel, but cannot go out yet...

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

postage tracking

If we as sellers print the label through either eBay or Mypost, the tracking gets added to the item.

But if you check the Auspost website tracking, it will say being prepared or something like that,  once we hand it over the counter it will say received by Australia Post.

So you can still tell at what part of the process it is.

I tend to print labels within an hour or 2 of the order,  and to the post office the next day at the latest.

At least by you knowing we have printed the label, you know something is happening with the order.  I think it's a case of we can't please everyone every time.  

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

postage tracking

Some sellers add the tracking when they print out the label. Other sellers who use AusPost satchels might add the tracking because they have the satchels at home and are preparing or have already prepated the parcel, but cannot go out yet...

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

postage tracking

If we as sellers print the label through either eBay or Mypost, the tracking gets added to the item.

But if you check the Auspost website tracking, it will say being prepared or something like that,  once we hand it over the counter it will say received by Australia Post.

So you can still tell at what part of the process it is.

I tend to print labels within an hour or 2 of the order,  and to the post office the next day at the latest.

At least by you knowing we have printed the label, you know something is happening with the order.  I think it's a case of we can't please everyone every time.  

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

postage tracking

Not sure if you are the buyer or a seller.  As others have said, with sellers, the tracking is added the moment a label is printed.  As a Seller, I found this annoying also, but out of my control. As a buyer, before I became a seller, I used to wonder how things can be posted so quickly after purchase, sometimes at midnight.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

postage tracking

s a pain i feel it should be added at post time not purchase time.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

postage tracking

Agreed, but not the seller's fault.

Argue with ebay 

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

postage tracking

On the flip side, I find that once I process eBay postage itโ€™s added straight away as sent BUT, when I lodge it at the PO the actual tracking doesnโ€™t update until the next day or two!

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

postage tracking

The eBay order status options haven't changed since before tracking was so ubiquitous and there were no widespread delays etc, i.e. this has always happened, just wasn't so obvious, lol. It'd be nice to have an intermediate status IMO, for everyone. All the other issues pointed out already aside, many sellers use the tools they do have available for order status markers, because it makes it easier to filter orders out that are already in progress, where the details have been sent to the right department, the order is being picked / fulfilled etc - many of these businesses use third-party software and multiple departments to make things flow in a certain way, and removing orders that have been put into progress from the "awaiting shipment" section means no doubling-up. Those kinds of processes can be difficult to interrupt, so it's also because it does communicate to buyers that the order has reached a point where changes / cancellations are difficult (if not impossible) to facilitate. 

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply