purchased in their sleep!!! really?

funny:

I get this message

Hi, I'm really sorry but I seem to have bought this in error, I fell asleep with my phone in my hand whilst browsing eBay and I woke up with your skirt in my purchase history... It's not even my size and way out of my price range including the international shipping. I'm really embarrassed and really really sorry but is there any way of cancelling this transaction please? Many apologies again x

so what is the best way do they send thru a cancellation request, or if I cancel does that penalise me and my dashboard?  things change so often in ebay I never know what the correct procedure is... grrrr. another item to relist... (shipping is only 9.95 A$ so the int. shipping comment really isn't relevant)

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: purchased in their sleep!!! really?

good point new deals but as much as I like a sale, I really don't like time wasters or unreliable people stringing me along.   that story was funny but did they really expect me to believe it - could have tried a bit harder!

they might decide to come back and buy something after all, but then have second thoughts and I hear  my great long lost aunt and uncle joe took off with my house and wallet or...(today I seem to have lost my creativity - must ask my 9yro) but YKWIM?

I have a life too (we all do) .  It will certainly be one for my block list, & even more so as the buyer is international so why go to the bother for 10% on whatever post price and a post office queue.

Message 11 of 15
Latest reply

@onekiwi0 wrote:

good point new deals but as much as I like a sale, I really don't like time wasters or unreliable people stringing me along.   that story was funny but did they really expect me to believe it - could have tried a bit harder!

they might decide to come back and buy something after all, but then have second thoughts and I hear  my great long lost aunt and uncle joe took off with my house and wallet or...(today I seem to have lost my creativity - must ask my 9yro) but YKWIM?

I have a life too (we all do) .  It will certainly be one for my block list, & even more so as the buyer is international so why go to the bother for 10% on whatever post price and a post office queue.

I am not disagreeing just point out a different way to look at it.

As far as buying while sleeping I to am like 'yeah whatever' but I did see a program once where people would leave the house and have, let's say, relationships with total strangers often in public place while totally asleep even common enough to have a name somnophilia. So even though really unlikely, ordering while asleep, they may be legit 

Message 12 of 15
Latest reply

I had a buyer last year who'd bought quite a few things over several transactions. She'd bought another half a dozen items and then sent a message apologising profusely, asking if she could cancel as she'd just been made redundant. I had no reason not to believe her, so happily cancelled. She must have got a new job because she was back a few months later, rebought some of the items she had previously bought (some had been sold), plus bought others. She's been back another few times since.

I would much prefer people tell me truth, but we can never be sure if they are or not, so it comes down to a case by case thing I think. I would also prefer if someone told me they had changed their mind rather than just ignoring it thinking it will go away.

Message 13 of 15
Latest reply

I did see a program once where people would leave the house and have, let's say, relationships with total strangers often in public place while totally asleep even common enough to have a name somnophilia

Darn it, never thought of that one when I arrived home just as evryone else was getting up LOL.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 14 of 15
Latest reply

i often dream of eating giant marshmallows and wake up to find my pillows missing.

Message 15 of 15
Latest reply