selling laptop don't get payment from buyer

someone bought the item frome me, I sent invoice and money request from Paypal. Now, the buyer tell me that she already paid, but the paypal website displayed is UNPAID, and the buyer tell me I should ship the item and update track number, then the money would release to my account. Is anybody have similar issue? 

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

molokow1
Community Member

I had something similar.

Dont fold to pressure from someone

Tell them straight and to double check their system, it is your money.

I think someone said to put in that the customer has not paid dispute to stop them leaving negative feedback.

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

If you are e new seller then PayPal will hold your money for 21 days,this will be displayed in PayPal for you to see.

Check your account,PayPal will advise you to post the item only do this if you can see it in PayPal.

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

If you have sent an invoice and a money request from paypal you have asked the buyer to pay twice.

Before you accuse them of not paying at all make very sure that they have not paid one or other of the invoices you have sent.

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Is the buyer in Australia? If they're not, I'd be suspicious. On your selling page, next to the sold item, is there are blue $ sign and a shopping cart highlighted, or are all 5 icons still greyed out? If there is no dollar sign and no shopping cart icon, then the buyer hasn't paid. It could well be someone trying to scam you by saying they have paid when they haven't.

Even if the dollar sign is there, I would still check PayPal to make sure there is a payment in there from the buyer as the buyer may have marked the item as paid to try and trick you into thinking it's been paid for. Log into PayPal via a browser, DO NOT login via an email. Did you get an email from PayPal to say you had received a payment?

Don't send anything until you know for sure she has paid, regardless of any claims she makes. Ask any questions you need to here to help try and verify whether payment has been received or not.

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

go-tazz
Community Member

@en_jingyu wrote:

someone bought the item frome me, I sent invoice and money request from Paypal. Now, the buyer tell me that she already paid, but the paypal website displayed is UNPAID, and the buyer tell me I should ship the item and update track number, then the money would release to my account. Is anybody have similar issue? 

It's a common ploy used by scammers to say they have paid or send a fake Email stating that it has been paid.

Never send any item before you have the money,good.gif

That scenario of they buyer saying it needs to be sent and tracking info needs to be updated has been used

before to scam items from sellers,stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

Watch for fake phishing Emails you may get purporting to be from Paypal or eBay.

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

sounds like you have a scam artist buyer, do not post until you see the money in your paypal account. even if its held for 21 days by ebay/paypal it will still show up in your account. if you are really scared/worried/confused ring paypal or ebay and talk to a representative.

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

I do not know.

I had some really difficult people at times push for the item to be sent when I literally just got the sale, and they paid in paypal.

But yes.. def no sending until you know you have the money.

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

@smelly_bum_bum wrote:

I do not know.

I had some really difficult people at times push for the item to be sent when I literally just got the sale, and they paid in paypal.

But yes.. def no sending until you know you have the money.

True

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

Smelly's fb left for others is interesting

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply