sexually explicit items E Bay Australia

site120
Community Member

Can anyone out there shed a little light on an issue I have had running with E Bay Australia for a while now, Adult Only material is forbidden on E Bay Australia, here is a quick run down on their guidelines regarding Adult Only item:

Anything designed for use in sexual or adult activities may not be listed on eBay. At our discretion we may remove items including, but not limited to:

• Adult-orientated domain names

• Anatomically-accurate sex dolls

• Any item which, because of their nature or because of the item description, appear to be designed for use in sexual/adult activity

• Netsuke (miniature Japanese sculpture) that contains nudity or explicit sexual content may not be listed

• Nude playing cards or trading cards

• Sex toys

Now this is the policy on these items, why are there literally thousands of adult only listings on E Bay Australia from Australian sellers, besides the obvious(money), how does E Bay keep getting away with continually listing items and hosting online stores filled with adult items if it's in breach of their own policies???, complaining to E Bay does absolutely nothing, the ACCC won't touch it, can anyone point me in the right direction on this matter and which organisation I can make a complaint to, it's the fact that kids under the age of 18yrs have full access to E Bay and there is an abudance of very explicit material on E Bay Australia, there are also no warnings of adult material present on E Bay Australia on their home page or splash screens...thank you

Message 1 of 68
Latest reply
67 REPLIES 67

Re: sexually explicit items E Bay Australia

Given some of the discussion in this old thread, they might find the report button in overdrive tonight. I had to chuckle as you scroll through all the adult listings and smack in the middle is a kids toy. One stop shop? Buy something for mummy and daddy and buy something for junior at the same time.

Message 61 of 68
Latest reply

That is treading on thin ice.....now the button pushers will know how to report those items.

And it also explains why the thread was dragged up after all this time.....most members would have let it RIP.

Message 62 of 68
Latest reply

retifism, paraphilia, AKA

Shoe fetishism is the attribution of attractive sexual qualities to shoes or other footwear as a matter of sexual preference, or an alternative or complement to a relationship with a partner

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=shoe&_dcat=3034&rt=nc&LH_ItemCondition=4&_...

(used) shoe 87,315 listings

OOOOh those pumps gets my heart a thumpin'

atheism is a non prophet organization
Message 63 of 68
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

That is treading on thin ice.....now the button pushers will know how to report those items.

And it also explains why the thread was dragged up after all this time.....most members would have let it RIP.

ooh Lyndal I didn't know...... Ice?....did you mention ice?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temperature_play

Temperature play in general

Substances can include water, oil, molten wax, ice, chocolate syrup, whipped cream, melted butter, chilled fresh fruit and steamed vegetables.

Objects can include cutlery, ball chains, necklaces and many others, often pre-heated in hot water or chilled in ice water. Space heaters, radiators, and other sources of heat can also be used for stimulating sensory arousal with heat.

Blindfolds are often used to intensify the effects, and bondage can also amplify the experience.

Safety precautions should be used which are appropriate for the materials, techniques and body parts involved.

ice trays 4,677 listings

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_odkw=adult+ice+trays&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1...

Message 64 of 68
Latest reply

Good grief, colic!  What drugs are you currently on?

This old thread was bumped at post # 58

It is that particular store that has been referred to - if you'd care to look

at their listings.

Message 65 of 68
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

Good grief, colic!  What drugs are you currently on?

This old thread was bumped at post # 58

It is that particular store that has been referred to - if you'd care to look

at their listings.

Great Scott, good grief and bejesus..... stawka......

I know this old thread was bumped at 58. That "particular" store (whatever store that is???) was not mentioned in the opening post nor the first 40 posts...correct or not?

....however I digress.....

This was defintiely mentioned in the opening post...yes?? "sexually explicit items E Bay Australia" and discussed for the first 40 posts.

The point of my post was to communicate that in fact for an amount of people objects such as pre worn shoes are

sexually explicit yet for other people personal vibrators really are for pain relief........... the definition of what "objects"

are and are not sexually explicit are therefore in the eyes of the beholder.....or ogler whatever the case may be

Message 66 of 68
Latest reply

Not everyone will see it as everyone is looking adult toys or products , so why are you worried about this the Adult Only category is only found on old ebay classic site.
Message 67 of 68
Latest reply

Why did you have to drag up an over FOUR year old thread?

It is unlikely that the same policies apply now as applied then.

Message 68 of 68
Latest reply