sexually explicit items E Bay Australia

site120
Community Member

Can anyone out there shed a little light on an issue I have had running with E Bay Australia for a while now, Adult Only material is forbidden on E Bay Australia, here is a quick run down on their guidelines regarding Adult Only item:

Anything designed for use in sexual or adult activities may not be listed on eBay. At our discretion we may remove items including, but not limited to:

• Adult-orientated domain names

• Anatomically-accurate sex dolls

• Any item which, because of their nature or because of the item description, appear to be designed for use in sexual/adult activity

• Netsuke (miniature Japanese sculpture) that contains nudity or explicit sexual content may not be listed

• Nude playing cards or trading cards

• Sex toys

Now this is the policy on these items, why are there literally thousands of adult only listings on E Bay Australia from Australian sellers, besides the obvious(money), how does E Bay keep getting away with continually listing items and hosting online stores filled with adult items if it's in breach of their own policies???, complaining to E Bay does absolutely nothing, the ACCC won't touch it, can anyone point me in the right direction on this matter and which organisation I can make a complaint to, it's the fact that kids under the age of 18yrs have full access to E Bay and there is an abudance of very explicit material on E Bay Australia, there are also no warnings of adult material present on E Bay Australia on their home page or splash screens...thank you

Message 1 of 68
Latest reply
67 REPLIES 67

These "precursors" are......indelible, incorrigible and innumerable as well......

precursors......One that precedes and indicates, suggests, or announces someone or something is to "come":

121202724176, 281318573390, 331183022843, and then there is the one that takes the cake

281230257710 (lmao) never heard of private part "polish" before    .....

just what the trendy sex fiend needs... a little muff management...

^^^^^^that has to be one of the more unusual item descriptions/q and a sheets that I have ever read on ebay.

Now......Don't start me on the classifieds section

jimsbrazilians.jpg

atheism is a non prophet organization
Message 51 of 68
Latest reply

I found one for wood wax

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 52 of 68
Latest reply

wish all of adult listings were as tame as your selection colic2 Smiley Indifferent

brightening and whitening is all the rage in some circles I understand Cat Tongue

Message 53 of 68
Latest reply

@*crikey*mate* wrote:

Means they've got less time to go searching through hundreds of pictures in personal photo albums, or searching for other personal information about members, interfering with their trading accounts etc and posting it on the boards!

What is this all about crikey ?

Message 54 of 68
Latest reply

That's what I want to know too.

Joono
Message 55 of 68
Latest reply

how do you follow a thread so you can see when an answer is posted? Id love to see the answer to the above question

Message 56 of 68
Latest reply

@chuk_77 wrote:

how do you follow a thread so you can see when an answer is posted? Id love to see the answer to the above question

When you go onto the new thread or reply to a message page (as in the one I'm typing this message on), up the top there is 'subscriptions', then a tick box to say 'email me when someone replies'

Message 57 of 68
Latest reply

Report them to the media, and changes will be made, at the moment the excuse is the sellers selling these items are in china, so they can do what they want. australian sellers will have their items removed.

Message 58 of 68
Latest reply

Why would you report anything to the media....it is ebay that you need to report items to for removal.

This thread is more than a year old now.....i am pretty sure the items have all been reported long ago.

Message 59 of 68
Latest reply

Hmm.  I just looked at  their listings.

Why come here and bring attention to your store?

Are some of these items allowed?

I was told BOBs were a no-no

Message 60 of 68
Latest reply