slow postage time!!!

is it just me or is other sellers experiencing abuse from their buyers with Ausralia post delivery time.For the last 2 weeks i have lost count with the amount or customers who have contacted me complaining about their items not arriving or taking a long time to get to them.Even with the ebay tracking satchels Australia post have not been logging them in as being in transit they just have not been lodged then arrive at my buyers house 2 days later.I have had enough i am in FNQ is any one else experiencing this?

Message 1 of 31
Latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Re: slow postage time!!!

hi, it's not just the sellers that are getting abused.

I have just had a very nasty experience as a buyer with the seller getting abusive for me not leaving feedback.

As i reside in north w.a., and get most of my goods from eastern states, i find that postage can take between 10-16 working days.

I think ebay and all sellers need to be aware of this when they place a time frame on deliveries.

These slow times do not just apply to ebay, but other sites as well, as i deal with several companies as a buyer.

i hope this helps all who read this.

Message 21 of 31
Latest reply

stop dragging up threads that are over 12 months old

Message 22 of 31
Latest reply

Smiley Very Happywe have whales here  in winter & i like apples --mostly royal gala ---yummmm

Message 23 of 31
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is still a valid thread though.

I have experienced this with a sale a couple of weeks ago. This particular buyer is also a seller and has well over 3000 feedback which made it even worse.

She purchased item. I posted the item THE SAME DAY

4 days later she messages me saying "i havent received my item"

YES 4 days... and she lives in QLD and i posted from Adelaide.

I know for a fact that sending from Adelaide to Brisbane will take at least a week regular post. Sometimes longer

I explained very politely to her about postages times from Adelaide to Queensland and that this is normal (which you'd think she would know being a seller and regular buyer).

I also explained to her that if she wanted the item so soon then she should have selected and paid for the express post option

3 days later she sends me another email "item still not received"

ARGGGG.. another email from me to her.

2 days later she leaves me positive feedback and saying thanks

Yet i found out she has given me 1 star for postage time and i get a defect for something that was totally not my fault, and all down to her unrealistic expectations of how long it takes to send from ADL to  BRIS

Yet another way we sellers are getting screwed over by ebay as i ALWAYS send my items either the same business day or the next business day

Message 24 of 31
Latest reply

I disagree.

Issues that were extant then, unless systemic, are not likely to be issues still extant after 9 months. And, if systemic, it is reasonable to assume the thread would have been bumped more than once in the last 9 months.

Given people tend to read from the top (oldest) until they find something they wish to comment on, the result is generally to have OLD, PROBABLY NO LONGER RELEVANT information bumped. Which can, as has happened in the past, lead to members using the OLD, NO LONGER RELEVANT information as a launch point. Which can easily, when the information is OLD and NO LONGER RELEVANT, result in real problems for those members.

Starting a new thread avoids most of these issues.

Message 25 of 31
Latest reply

Yep it seems Australia Post has zoned out  or has been day dreaming!

Message 26 of 31
Latest reply

I use them all the time but then again I am a patience person.

Message 27 of 31
Latest reply

You would have to be, replying to the OP.

Who hasn't posted in the last NINE months since they started the thread.

And your patience extends to NPBs how? Given you recommend using the automated NPB  system. what is patient about that?

Message 28 of 31
Latest reply

And you would have to be picky? if you read their post you would know what it is about. Secondly I didn't realise this was an old thread at first and I replied too quickly, but for the person who posted on here recently I agree postage times are slow at the moment just like the name of this thread is called!

Message 29 of 31
Latest reply

I read the Op nine months ago. Any reply I felt germaine would have been 9 months ago.

Slow postage issues 9 months ago probably aren't the same as now.

I certainly haven't excperienced any. I got feedback from WA today for something I posted on Monday.

I didn't realise this was an old thread at first and I replied too quickly

Enough said.

Message 30 of 31
Latest reply